Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

79 tach problem

roadking

Corvette
i recently purchased a 79 vette, l48..the tach was not working properly as it started at 3000 rpm and moved slightly upon acceleration. i removed the tach and replaced the circuit board at which point it did not move at all..upon inspecting the tach i noticed it had an l82 on the face...can the l48 and l82 interchange?...any ideas?..i was thinking about replacing the whole unit but unsure if i have other issues...thanks

tach problem

Hi Roadking. In the March 2010 issue of Corvette Enthusiast, it has an article on 75-82 electronic tach repair. It give reasons why the tach went bad and how to diagnose and repair. If you can find yourself a copy, it might help you solve your problem. If you go to their website, you might be able to view it. Good luck.

apprciate the response..new at this....attempted to locate filter but unable to find...appears no filter

I have on on my 1979 I replaced about 1 year ago. Changed to MDS and no longer need it. if you would like to try it let me know. Otherwise it will probably end up in the trash.

I have on on my 1979 I replaced about 1 year ago. Changed to MDS and no longer need it. if you would like to try it let me know. Otherwise it will probably end up in the trash.

OH Please, don't throw it away! Give it to someone that can use it. Aftermarket they cost around $50 to buy a new one. :bash

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom