Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

8 track CB radio

gsimpson9981

Corvette
1981 white shark
Does anyone have the ETR 8 track CB? Or, cassette CB. Mine only has static, and picks up no one transmitting. Hard to believe that no one is talking on any of the 40 channels. Does anyone know where to get these things repaired? 8 track and radio(am/fm) work fine. Except for a little ignition noise.

Does anyone have the ETR 8 track CB? Or, cassette CB. Mine only has static, and picks up no one transmitting. Hard to believe that no one is talking on any of the 40 channels. Does anyone know where to get these things repaired? 8 track and radio(am/fm) work fine. Except for a little ignition noise.

I spoke with some CB users before, and they had suggested that the load coil could be mis-set. My radio acts as you describe before the load coil broke, and I have not been able to find a replacement. There is a procedure in the manual that talks about the load coil.

GerryLP:cool

I had my AM/FM 8-Track fixed at this place on the 81, does not hurt to give them a call.

1-800-382-1431 (ext.213)
Grim R T Electronics
Or www.rtgrim.com

Good luck :w

Janine,did they fix it ???? how thay do??? I want to get my cassette deck repaired this winter and someone gave my that name at carlisile.....

Janine,did they fix it ???? how thay do??? I want to get my cassette deck repaired this winter and someone gave my that name at carlisile.....

Yes, Bill, they did fix the radio and the 8-track player...the cost was 79.50 well worth it in my eyes.

ok thanks I'll give them a call!!

bill.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom