Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

80lb injectors for Crossfire Corvette

apache 84

Corvette
1984 bright red
Hi Guys, Can anybody tell part No's for 80lb injectors to use in the Corvette Crossfire.I have been informed that I need these with the engine set up I have in my car.I am also using late model fuel pump,aqnd a Dynamicefi EBL so tuning is a little bit easier.
Also where I could possibly get these units from.
Thanks Apache 84

You'll need to parallel plumb the TBIs in order to use them. Also, will need an external fuel pressure regulator connected to a vacuum port to vary pressure. EBL great choice to manage this.
i still may have a couple of these from my 84.

Dominic-

Did you every try running Async before you parallel plumbed them?

Just curious if that made any difference with the CFI intake since it is more/less like a single plane.

Dominic-

Did you every try running Async before you parallel plumbed them?

Just curious if that made any difference with the CFI intake since it is more/less like a single plane.

Async is no help. You are starting out w staggered injectors due to the loss in FP between front and rear TBIs. There are no other larger injectors that replicate the staggering in stock setup so u are forced to run 2 of the same size injectors. In order to do that, pressure must be equal to each TBI. Believe me I tried running 80 AND 90 # injectors. Idle and light cruise won't be there. At least not acceptable to me and others who have done this. EBL w // plumbed TBIs using an external VAFPR Is the way to get idle and cruise w enough fuel for WOT. My 84 drove very nicely once that was all dialed in.

Hi Guys, Can anybody tell part No's for 80lb injectors to use in the Corvette Crossfire.I have been informed that I need these with the engine set up I have in my car.I am also using late model fuel pump,aqnd a Dynamicefi EBL so tuning is a little bit easier.
Also where I could possibly get these units from.
Thanks Apache 84

The EBL is the way to go. Xfire, RBOB, and many others helped me out a lot!

So... what cam are you running? Iron or AL heads?

The EBL is the way to go. Xfire, RBOB, and many others helped me out a lot!

So... what cam are you running? Iron or AL heads?
I have 64cc alloy heads and a Comp cams cam ,(268 I think ) with 1.6 roller rockers,10.23 comp ratio,which I think is a bit too much. Using original ECM at present because the guys who fitted the ham board to my Dynamice EFI unit have done a shocking job and all it give is codes and the engine will barely run.I may have to get a new one and have the Ham board fitted in the US.:w

I have 64cc alloy heads and a Comp cams cam ,(268 I think ) with 1.6 roller rockers,10.23 comp ratio,which I think is a bit too much. Using original ECM at present because the guys who fitted the ham board to my Dynamice EFI unit have done a shocking job and all it give is codes and the engine will barely run.I may have to get a new one and have the Ham board fitted in the US.:w

I went ahead and re-pinned the harness. I thought using the HAM board was too risky.

Let's assume it was soldered in right though...

Your cam is closer (that's a relative phrase! :chuckle) to mine in specs.

Yeah, you WILL need an VAFPR for that cam. I have a GM marine VAFPR adapted to the CFI. It isn't the Aeromotive ones that guys like to use... but it does work for my needs and meets my expectations. It drops the pressure about 5psi at idle.

Send me your email in a PM and I will send you my VE tables and such (using the EBL XDF file). You will need to adjust the SA table- use the SA tables from the 3001 BIN from Dynamic. Those should work for your heads.

I take NO responsibility for what happens in YOUR car- YOU HAVE TO DO THE TUNING :), but my BIN should be closer than what TB3 and some of the other BINs have out of the box to get you running... perhaps without the codes. A likely code you are getting is from the MAP and IAT sensors. I assume you do not have an IAT sensor plumbed in. The MAP code will be the result of the vacuum characteristics of that cam. I had those codes.

Again, my BIN isn't perfect... I have a LOT to tidy up on... but I think I am closer to what "good" looks like with a similar cam.

Apache,

sounds similar to to my old setup. Stock bottom end w port matched Xfire manifold, 2.13 TBs, 80# injectors running 10psi @idle thru to 20psi WOT. Custom Comp Cams single pattern roller 218d@.050/.535" w a 108LSA ON 1.6:1 full roller rockers and lifters. Heads were AL TFS 23d 64cc/190CFM, 2.02 Intakes.
cmpression ~ 10.25. I re pinned the harness starting out w a 7747 then onto EBL.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom