Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 Aluminum Wheel Lug Nuts

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
Looking for a quality source on a set of lug nuts. I bought a new set last year and the chrome is quite frankly, crap. I do not drive the car in any sort of bad weather and these are now already getting quite rusty. I cant recall if these came in from Corvette America or a local Corvette shop......any suggestions?? Thanks, Ray

I understand your problem & I don't think such a lug nut exists for the factory alloy wheels. In my opinion, the replacement nuts you get these days are of equal quality as the Chevrolet ones that the cars originally came with. It would be nice if someone like McGard would step up and offer a replacement lug nut for these wheels. (The McGards I have on my Mustang are stainless and don't have a rusting problem.) One other option I have always wanted to try are the black alloy lug nuts used on '78 up Camaros and Firebirds. They are the same lug nut as the Corvette but come in black. Don't know if the black would be any more durable and don't know of a source for them either.

lug nuts

I bought a set from Wilcox a few years ago and am very happy with them. The price was good too. No rust or tarnish but the car has always been garaged and is not exposed to foul weather.
Tery

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom