Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 BLACK Interior....HELP!!!!!

81Coupe

I own an 81 Coupe. It was originally Yellow with Black Leather interior. I was looking at the 81 stats and I it states that Black was not an option in 81. I need a little help here!!!!!!! Please let me know if anyone knows...

Mitch
lungul@sk.sympatico.ca

I'm sure somebody from the L81 Registry will be able to help you, but from what I see in the Black Book, the only interior color options with the yellow exterior were either Charcoal or Camel. However, other combinations were possible.

Your combination is fairly rare though with only 1031 built in yellow with either of the named interior choices. The only one with fewer numbers built was the one and only Dark Blue Metallic. Mahogany Metallic comes in third at 1092 built with either Camel or Dark Red.

81Coupe said:
I own an 81 Coupe. It was originally Yellow with Black Leather interior. I was looking at the 81 stats and I it states that Black was not an option in 81. I need a little help here!!!!!!! Please let me know if anyone knows...
Mitch
lungul@sk.sympatico.ca

With the drivers door open, check up under the windshield in the door frame. There will be a small rectangular shaped tag with numbers and letters, this is the "Trim Tag". From this little tag you can get the paint color and interior colors that came with your car. Visit the L81VetteRegistry to see what the numbers mean, or use the Corvette Action Center's Spec pages to find the information too.

The L81VetteRegistry server is being physically moved this weekend from Bloomington to Chicago.. if the site isn't there when you check,, please keep checking it should be back online soon.
Good Luck
BudD:w

Black

Mitch.

The '81 yellow had 2 recommended interior colors. One was Camel and the other was Charcoal. Charcoal is about as close to black as it can get without being black. Codes were 19C for cloth and 192 for leather.

I'm sure this is what you have.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom