Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'81 Corvette Dream Mods WISHLIST (more ideas!!)

H

HighlyFanatic

For an '81 Vette L81 (Stock)

Hooker headers & sidepipes $1100 from Jet-Hot

Labor on Hooker headers & sidepipes install Help me out here?

Pair of C5 Corvette Seats from Corvette America $1250

Engine Rebuild from Diabolical Performance to 330 HP $2665

Replace & Upgrade U-joints, Shocks & Rebuild Differential $1000

Custom paint job: Triple Black Paint w/Midnight Blue Ghost Flames No idea here guys, estimates?

Vista Wheels 18x12 Rears, 18x10 Fronts $2600

Tires: Fronts 275/35ZR/18 and Rears 335/30ZR/18 $1700

Soundsystem (i know jack about engines, but i AM an audiophile)
1. Infinity Kappa 692.5i 2-Way Speaker
2. Infinity Perfect T Tweeter
3. Kicker Resolution R4c Mid-Range Speaker
4. Pioneer DEH-P7400MP CD/MP3 Player
5. Infinity Kappa 62.5i 2-Way Speaker
6. MTX Audio Thunder6304 Multi-Channel Amp
7. Thunder 6000 Series 150W 4-Channel
8. Pair of 12" Image Dynamics Subwoofers
9. MTX Audio Thunder Sub Amplifier
$2200 with install

Well, I think if you go directly to Jet-hott you can get the sidepipes/headers for around $1100. Install them yourself. It's not easy but it isn't complex and it just takes a day.

I just replaced the U-joints, shocks, and rebuilt the differential. If you pull the differential yourself you can ship it to fellow CAC member stingray6974 and he'll rebuild it for you. My total cost without shipping was under $600. That includes $160 for 2 new side yokes which you might not need.

To go with the 18x12 rears you might run into a thick backspacing or other problems. Others can chime in here.

The stereo sounds sweet, although I might suggest the LCD screen/ dvd combo head unit with navigation. That way you'll never get lost on the way to a dyno day!

Also, that's a pretty good price on the engine rebuild. Are we talking 330hp to the rear wheels? If so, that's about 412 or so at the flywheel for an automatic car. That is a hell of a deal for $2700. I wish I could get it done that cheap.

All in all it sounds great. Although you might want to think about upgrading your brakes if they are still original. Vettebrakes is having a sale on their O-ring kit. Something like $399 for everything. Check out their site www.vbandp.com. Brakes are another thing you can do yourself.

Cheers. Russ

If you're going to do the rear, do the T-arms and driveshaft as well. If you're going oversized tires you may need offset t-arms, and the time to do it is when you're doing the rear.

Do the C5 seats fit in a C3, or will that require major/minor mods?

Steve :w

77-4speed said:
Well, I think if you go directly to Jet-hott you can get the sidepipes/headers for around $1100. Install them yourself. It's not easy but it isn't complex and it just takes a day.
Russ

actually, i'm fairly new to this seeing as i just rebuilt my first 350, and i'm only on my first vette. but i managed to find much better prices. i ordered ceramic supercompetition sidemount hooker headers, with chrome pipes and a pair of glasspacks and i spent less than $900. by ordering through Summit. i recommend you look there first. feel free to tell me anything you feel, i'm just a rookie. :bow

sam

Instead of C5 seats try these Corbeau Seats look at the Forza model, I'm considering these for my 81 and they have many brackets and they do fit Corvettes. Also check out VetteWorks Online follow the link to the Shark Bar, it's a harness bar that fits behind the seats and will allow the use of 4-5 point harnesses. This bar is still not ready for the 78-82 models but I'll post when it's available, which should be very soon.

Are you sure on the Forza seat? I was told that only the A4 would fit unless you could live with contact on either side of the seats with the console and the door.

Bob

sac001 said:

Do the C5 seats fit in a C3, or will that require major/minor mods?

Steve :w

not really major or minor mods, they slip right in....there was a FAQ posted earlier

corvettefaq.com look up installation of C5 seats

bobchad said:
Are you sure on the Forza seat? I was told that only the A$ would fit unless you could live with contact on either side of the seats with the console and the door.

Bob

Good question, I remember someone using them but went and checked to see if I could find out who it was and came up empty. The A4 is 18.5" wide by 21.5 deep - and Forza is 20" wide by 19 deep. I just measured the bottom cushion on my 81 and at the top of the bottom cushion it's just over 20" and at the front of the bottom cushion it's about 19" or so. I'll have to give them a call and see if they know if it fits for sure. Either seat is nice and the A4 would probably work better seeing as the back will tilt forward giving easier access to the storage area, but I like the looks of the Forza a little more. Thanks for confusing me, now I have to rethink what I want :D :L

77-4speed said:

To go with the 18x12 rears you might run into a thick backspacing or other problems. Others can chime in here.

Good question...i think the fender/wells are big enough to house 'em. Who says Viper's are exclusive? :D

69MyWay has the same setup, im wondering if he ran into any problems with housing those tires (if those fender flares are equivalent to stock fender flares)

If I was doing it all over again I would go Big Block, Blower, 2 x4bbl, reverse pattern TH400 and 9" F**d. Forget the stereo you wouldn`t be able to hear it.

J.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom