Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81/Rear Window- Lift Louver

HammerDown

Corvette
1981 White/ Red int.
I'm looking for a new Lift Louver for my 81...It keeps the sun out and helps with summer temps some. Anyone know who still makes them?...and yes I know it was a 80's thing...but I like it on my car.
Thanks.

OMG LOUVERS?!?!?!

Actually I was thinking about them myself last Summer. I saw a couple of pictures and they looked pretty good but I just couldn't decide to do it.

Try ebay or run a search on them. I saw some on ebay and some on a vette auction somewhere, pretty cheap. I think there is one company still making them. I'll look for it and send the link if I find. Post a pic when you get them.

Interpart Lift/Louvers>>>

Thanks.for looking..I'm using a"Interpart Lift/Luver"...and like I stated earler...it really cuts down on the summer heat from the sun...plus gives a little more privacy when viewed from the back. And I like the looks of it to boot.

Louvers

Gentlemen,

Here you go......www.driverfx.com

Let me know if you like them, I think these are the 3-piece versions, I would rather have a one piece, but if these work out for you, let me know.

I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger myself.
Although, now that I think of it, my birthday's in a month.....
Maybe my bride should place an order today, but she doesn't have the website, and since she's so busy.....
maybe I should just order them for HER........:gap

81 Rear Window Louver>

Thanks Craig...I'm going to see if they will send me a better pic and of the 81 style...hard to see the one in the add. Plus thats a 84 and later there showing.

81 Rear Window Louver

If they send a pic post it.
i'd like to see it too. Have thought about this but
not been to serious yet. Too much other stuff going on right now but i'd still like to see a pic.

LOUVERS....

Anybody order these yet?
If so, got any pics and/ or comments?

I'm still wondering about them myself.
Before I order, I'd like some opinions.

I got a little side tracked re-doinging the seats in my 81 and now I'm getting ready to re do the weather striping...
The one I still have on my car is made by (Interpart/lift louver)...I really like the style and looks of it on my car. However its very old and could use a re-paint. (I'd rather by a new one).
The one in the link (pic) is showing it on a 84 corvette. I havent had any luck seeing one of theres for our year yet....I'd like to get a good look at there style in a close up pic.

Hammer,
I saw a tinted preformed Lexan insert that fits inside the rear window of a 1978-82. Says it filters the suns rays and can be easily removed and reinstalled for cleaning. $99.99 in the last Mid America catalog I received. I was thinking about it for my '80. I don't know how good it is. Just another option. :D

:w
Kenny

Pepe, thanks for the option...I have Mid Americas Cat#132L what page is that on?
I still may want another louver as I like the way the Black Louver looks on my white Car...plus it really dose add at little bit of privacy when viewed from the back.
Thanks again...Ray

Hammer,
I have Cat. #133C. This is the first time I have seen it in a catalog. I went to Mid America's web site and put the part number (602-134) in search, but it did not find anything. I'm confused. It has a nice picture in the catalog I have. There web site must not be updated.;shrug

:w
Kenny

Hmmm, I'll see if I have that Catalog#...I've been doing business with Corvette America and The Last Detail...as they have the best prices on items I've needed so far.

I just started looking again...nothing even comes up on Google for "Interpart Lift Louver". ;shrug
Sure would like to get another one as mine needs work.

I saw either here or on another forum a few people who had them and didn't like them on their cars. Check the forums and you can probably buy a set from someone here or there.

I saw either here or on another forum a few people who had them and didn't like them on their cars. Check the forums and you can probably buy a set from someone here or there.
Good idea...I'll sniff around.

HEY I HAVE A SET MADE BY CRAGER ON MY 1981 IT IS METAL,I JUST GOT THE CAR ABOUT A MONTH AGE. I AM LEAVING THEM ON THE CAR, THE CAR IS BLACK ON BLACK AND MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE INSIDE WITH THE HEAT. NOT TO MENTION I AM LIKE YOU I THINK THEY LOOK GREAT , ONE OF THOSE ITEMS FROM THE PAST THAT STILL LOOK GREAT. THERE WERE A COUPLE NEW LOUVERS ON EBAY ONE SOLD THE OTHER DID NOT , JUST KEEP CHECKING , HAPPY HUNTING. RON S.

...THERE WERE A COUPLE NEW LOUVERS ON EBAY ONE SOLD THE OTHER DID NOT , JUST KEEP CHECKING , HAPPY HUNTING. RON S.
I've been on there searching under "Corvette Louvers"...nothing ;shrug
Maybe in the future.

I've been on there searching under "Corvette Louvers"...nothing ;shrug
Maybe in the future.
HEY HI I WAS ON EBAY THIS MORNING THERE IS ONE LISTED ON EBAY (NOT SURE IF THE STYLE YOU WANT) IT IS UNDER 80 82 CORVETTE (ALL CATEGORIES) HOPE IT IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR --- RON (US GUYS IN THE NORTH EAST HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER) :w

HEY HI I WAS ON EBAY THIS MORNING THERE IS ONE LISTED ON EBAY (NOT SURE IF THE STYLE YOU WANT) IT IS UNDER 80 82 CORVETTE (ALL CATEGORIES) HOPE IT IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR --- RON (US GUYS IN THE NORTH EAST HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR EACH OTHER) :w
Thanks...just got in and I'll take a look see.
You're right about "watching out for each other" so how-bout some of that cheaper NJ gas/diesel...it's killing me over here in on the Pa side .:hb
Edit...just checked, 41 items no rear window louver.

HEY I JUST CHECKED ITS THERE TYPE IN LIKE THIS 80 82 CORVETTE THEN GO OVER AND MAKE SURE ITS ON ALL CATEGORIES. THERE ARE 290 ITEMS LISTED MAKE SURE YOU JUST TYPE IN 80 82 CORVETTE (NOTHING ELSE) THATS HOW I GOT IT UP I JUST CHECKED ITS THERE. YOU SRND THE TANKER AND YOUR CREDIT CARD I'L PUMP IT FOR YOU AFTER I TOP MINE OFF TOO LOL -- RON

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom