Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 registry

mike81

Corvette
1981 coupe black on black
I applied for reg on my 81vette gave Vin. No. And options still waiting to hear back from you thanks mike c

the L-81 registry was run by Bud (Yoda) .
unfortunately Bud passed away this past March.

Bill,

I thought Bud had transfered the L81Corvette Registry to Someone in here? He had offered to me, but I know nothing about web page maintenance and coding. :(

He did give me the banner. :D :D :D

Someone did have a few years ago.
after Tim(forgot his last name,and he lived around the area) had redesigned it.
and gave the passwords back to Bud.when he left.
but Bud saw the direction it was going and got it back from him.
he offered it to me a few times as well

With everything going on in relation to Bud's passing I never thought about what is going to become of the registry. I think it's something we need to address.

Tom

Well, it is still up and running. And that usually means that someone has been paying the bill. Is there a way to look up a web site's owner's contact info???

Last edited:
I'm not sure who owns it or how far in advance it was paid.

I shot Rob PM to see what he knows about it....

OK, here is the PM

Rob, the L-81 registry (not the forum)...
did Bud have the L-81 registry thru you or the CAC???apart from the forums?????
or do you know who Bud was paying for it?????

and the reply...

He gave me a copy of it to put here on the CAC. It's under specs/c3/1981

It's working for the most part but I wasn't able to get the member login functioning to work. I was going to convert it over to the same format as the C6 Corvette ZR1 Registry, but I just haven't had time to do it as the last month and half has been crazy busy for me.....

at least we know it still exists!!!!!:thumb:thumb
and where!!!

L81 Registry

I was able to log on to the L81 site today after I found my password. I'm not sure if the new member registration is working or not. All of the areas seem to still be there and functioning but navigation is a task. Each page should have a tab at the top of the home page. I don't want to burden Rob with trying to make changes to the site until we get more organized again. There are several of us here that are dedicated to the L81 Registry and I feel that it would be better to act as a group to get the Registry active again instead of trying to find one guy to load the whole thing onto.

I don't know a thing about web design or making changes to the site but I will be retired after the first of the year. I will have more time to monitor and update things if I can have access. I'm curious, for one thing, as to how many in the membership list still have their cars. I'd like to send out an email to the membership asking just that but copy the membership data before so they couldn't just log in and erase the car info. We don't want to loose that. I'd want to keep a master data list by VIN separate from the membership list that couldn't be altered by anyone other than the side admin.

Other things I have in mind are to try to encourage L81 members to become CAC Supporting Members to help cover the space that we take up here. We could make a L81 Registry windshield decal and give them out free to to those that donate to the CAC. I know That Bud was financially involved in L81 items and it wasn't cheap nor did he ever break even on them. I'm not sure how deep into that we would want to get again. How about a member's car featured on the home page every month? How about a monthly mass email to members something like Rob does with he CAC news. Monitoring the C3 Forum for '81 questions and urging those posters to ask in the L81 forum should boost traffic. L81 Registry Facebook page?

How about some other ideas? Just trying to get some dialog started. All L81 Registry members have a voice here.
Tom

I'm curious, for one thing, as to how many in the membership list still have their cars. I'd like to send out an email to the membership asking just that but copy the membership data before so they couldn't just log in and erase the car info.

Aside from that there are a few too many cars loaded with rare RPOs listed. Such as bright blue metalic paint. (There's 5 cars registered out of the 1 that was made)

I'd like to have each member post a photo of his trim tag in his registration. Documentation is always better than the owner filling out the blanks based on what he thinks is right.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom