Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 Collectors . L83 Fuel system runs too weak

UKVETTEHEAD

Corvette
C3 Collectors Edition
I wrote a previous post about the Renegade Manifold and how the fuel system could not keep up with the increase air flow. Having refitted the standard intake, i think the engine is still running on the weak side. Recently on a trip to Italy and Switzerland with high alitide passes to drive, the pinking became worse and worse. Maybe the 95 octane fuel was part of the problem. I usually try to get 98 in the UK.
Other post here have hinted that an upgraded ECU may help. I have a comp cam and aluminium heads. This engine has always had a tendency to -pink- but it goes well. Has anyone any thoughts on this. All the engine sensors are the original ones except the O2 which is relatively new. Thanks

You may need higher flows..

Have a chat with KANE -> https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/members/kane.html

He might be able to shed light on which ones he put into his (If i remember his setup correctly).. There was a whole thread of his that he talked about modding the 82..

:w wave across the channel
-Stefan

L83 Fuel System runs too weak

You may need higher flows..

Have a chat with KANE -> https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/members/kane.html

He might be able to shed light on which ones he put into his (If i remember his setup correctly).. There was a whole thread of his that he talked about modding the 82..

:w wave across the channel
-Stefan

I assume you mean fuel flow. The pump supplies about 10.5 psi at the TBIs and no way to increase it apart from fitting a better pump but the system is designed to operate between 9 and 13. Maybe the injectors need cleaning? Thanks anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom