Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 Corvette: Hatchback Or Not?

S

ShnakeCSC

I have heard from a lot of people that 82 corvette is the first shark to have the functional hatchback. Now, some of them tell me that it applies for all 82's and some of them say that it goes only for 82 Collector Edition. Who is right?

I've never seen one on anything but a Collector's Edition.

ShnakeCSC,

XXLBlock is correct. Only the '82CE had the pop-up glass "Factory" installed. However.... I have an '81 that had the '82CE window installed after it was delivered. This occured within weeks of the '82 model hitting the streets. GM did not manufacture this option. It was a Cars & Concepts kit that was sold to GM for inclusion in the CE's. To date, I have the only known '78-'82 (non Collector Edition) Vette that has this window. To see a picture, please check out the L81VetteRegistry.com website, pg 3 pictures under "Nutmeg". It's a great option and I never have understood why GM did not offer this option prior to '82CE's.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center and enjoy!

Regards...... Nut

If memory serves, Bud's Rare81 has the hatchback option. It was installed by the dealer aupon delevery from the factory.

Twiget,

Bet ole Bud wishes he has one; so do a lot of other folks However, the Nut has got the pop-up glass in his '81.

..... Nut

1982 Collectors Edition lift up hatchback.

Ok I understand cars and concepts orginally made it.
But any chance of getting that added to my 1981 which
has none of that.

Should be fairly simple if I had the parts to roll into a
general repaint and restore effort.

Thanks,
David

ShnakeCSC and David welcome to the Corvette Action Centet

Try a search to see if Cars and Concepts are still in business. I don't know. You could also try your Chevy parts dept to see if these pieces are still in the parts catalog.

Tom

The Collectors Edition was the first factory installed hatchback prior to the C4'S. As to where to locate possibly corvette salvage yards. Haven't come across any current company's that sell this option. Good luck. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom