Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 cross fire injection problem -- another one

B

Blind Dog 73

While idling, the injectors spuirt full on for an instant and the EGR pops open. When driving, it floods and stalls.
New: plugs, cables, cap, rotor, O2, coolant sensor, 85 fuel pump, checked balance, timing, TPS, fuel pressure at idle.
Is it time for an ECM?
Dan

Dog don't hunt and I don't let him drive anymore!

While idling, the injectors spuirt full on for an instant and the EGR pops open. When driving, it floods and stalls.
New: plugs, cables, cap, rotor, O2, coolant sensor, 85 fuel pump, checked balance, timing, TPS, fuel pressure at idle.
Is it time for an ECM?
Dan

Dog don't hunt and I don't let him drive anymore!

Are you getting a CEL? As suggested with another 82CF owner, buy one of these 1982 Chevy Corvette Original Shop Repair Manual 82 : eBay Motors (item 390096112378 end time May-17-10 17:09:21 PDT)

They are worth there wieght in gold and needed on a 28 year old car. The price is a bit high and you should be able to find them cheaper. Buy the GM manual, NOT the off brand ones.

There was no CEL. I changed the ECM and it runs fine, except for the play in one throttle shaft.

So the problem is fixed?

The EGR shouldn't pop open at idle. disconnect it an plug the port. See if it makes a difference.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom