Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 fresh water leak

J

jlbjmb

I have fresh water in floor both floor boards, we know the leak is from somewhere around wipers, it only soaks floor, its not antifreeze, where are the drains for that kinda leak??

Drains are under the carpet and padding in each floor and plugged at the factory. My '68 leaked in the same place (cowl) until I used 3M spray undercoating and sealed the entrie area.
:)

I think he means where are the drains in the wiper area. Check the drain in the bottom of the a/c housing, it usually clogs up with debree from the screen on the passenger side of the wiper area. It is a small hole on the bottom of the a/c housing and might have a rubber flapper type end on it. If it cloggs up, water will come in on the passenger side, but if you have water on the driver side, I don't what to look for. When does the water come in, while drivin in rain, or while washing the car? More details will help. Also look for any grommets that are missing on the firewall. These would possibly let water come in while driving

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom