Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

82 guage rewire problem<<<first post what a great start

Vette Fanatic

Ok here is the deal, First off it is good to see so many people in a car forum talking about CARS.
Now to the heart of my problem. I have a 1982 vette with a new motor. Dont hate me just yet...
The motor is a LS 6.0 motor with late model 3l60tranny. The 6.0 is converted to carb and I'm using a great aftermarket harness for the motor.

Problem Im having is I want the interior to look stock. I want to use the factory guages with this motor. I want to use the pigtail for the guages also(engine temp, Fuel guage, oil temp, oil press, alt.) I just want to use the wires on that pigtail for minimal use of the stock harness. I can run a relay for the Fuel pump later in the wiring.

I have a 82 wire diagram but (forgive me), i don't want to screw this up on the first plug in or start.
I mentioned the guages already, I will not have a use for the seatbelt lights, alt light, chk engine light or low fuel light. . I just need to know how to wire each of those guages direct to the motor.
Listed below is a list of the color and code of the wires. Could someone tell me what wires go where and what wires are not needed?
BLK 150 (guessing GRN)
GRY 8
ORG 140
TAN 31
BRN 25
PNK 30
pnk-blk 39
DRK GRN 35
YEL 237
BRN-WHT 419

Any help would be appreciated and I would not do all this to a solid car...trust me this car was headed to a graveyard had I not stepped in and done a heart transplant.

Might get better response in C3 section
C4 owners usually not too familiar with C3 wiring

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom