Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'82' T-top storage bags

Rmodeler

Corvette
'82' Silver Blue
I just discovered that the storage bags for my T-tops is about 2-3 " to narrow. I believe they are original leather storage bags with snaps and the Corvette insigna on them. Are they for the older T-tops? Are the original leather ones available for the '82', or do I have to settle for the imitation vinyl/leather ones?

I can't say for sure, but I bought my '82 non-special edition vette late last year and everything on it seems rock-stock. It came with regular black vinyl bags with 3 snaps and no insignia. All paperwork including owners manual are the original stuff and it had less than 30K miles (still needs 7 more to top the 30K mark). I would bet that if the bags are short, they are aftermarket and bought because they look cool (or maybe the glass is turned the wrong way?)

Rmodeler said:
I just discovered that the storage bags for my T-tops is about 2-3 " to narrow. I believe they are original leather storage bags with snaps and the Corvette insigna on them. Are they for the older T-tops? Are the original leather ones available for the '82', or do I have to settle for the imitation vinyl/leather ones?

Same problem here man, I've tried to fit my T-tops in those same leather bags and I was not able to fit them either. I wonder if leather shrinks with age. Anyways I will probably buy the case from www.corvetteamerica.com. It's much more protective than those bags.

You can check it out here: http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/displaylearnmore.cfm?learnmoreid=1938&idlist=1938,520&searchdest=%2Fcf%2Flearnmorelist%2Ecfm%3Fsubcategoryid%3D3180%26keyword%3Dt%252Dtop&subcategoryid=3180&searchname=Keyword%3A%20t%2Dtop

They were turned the right way ;) . That case looks pretty nice, probably just go for the bags.

re: 82 t top bags

Think the 81 are the same as the 82's tops..but this is what I have covering mine..will have to get a pic of the outside of the "suitcase" but it does have the gm logo on it.
Ttopbag1.jpg

and the next pic..
Ttopbag2.jpg

Hope this helps guys..think you all are talking about the individual covers..if I remember correctly got this from a guy for 10 bones..out on a cruise nite..needed some beer moni I guess.heh..

thanks..Joe peace <*)))><

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom