Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 corvette stalling issue

bobmook

As my title indicates I have an 84 with a stalling issue. What happens is the car runs fine when cold. At 143 degrees temp the check engine light comes on. Soon after that the car will still run fine when getting gas but at idle the car with die or run roughly. The car also wants to stall when being gassed from idle .........any suggestions as to what to look for?

Bob, does your car have any modifications to the engine, or are we talking about a stock CrossFire? Is this a new problem, or has any work been done recently on the engine? How long have you owned the car? This is your first post in ten years? Sounds like that '84 must be treating you good!

:w

Not to butt in, but,....Have you checked the obvious? Like the condition of the vacuum hoses? Is the Battery fully charged and charging with good connections? Did this start all of a sudden or did it just come out of storage? We could use a little more info.

I suspect vacuum hoses........It did this years ago and that was the culprit.......thank you for jogging that memory

Be sure the bolts around the periphery of the intake manifold top plate are tight. This is a common source of vacuum leaks.

Call us again in ten years!

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom