Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 OD 4+3 Question

hmcquade

Corvette
1984 Aqua pearl
Could the OD switch on the console casue the OD to not enage sometimes? My Mechanic just told me that he ran the Vet on the lift and got it uo to 55 and it went into OD. He said he did check out the switch and he feels it may be shorting out. He is taking it out for a road test as I type.

Thanks,

Hugh ;shrug

Sure. On the 84 (and I believe on the 85) the switch is an on/off switch, while 86+ it's a normally open momentary switch.

All the switch does is allow the ECM to turn the OD relay on and off, which then controls the OD solenoid in the valve body. So there's a thread of things to check if your OD is going on/off for no good reason.

Could the OD switch on the console casue the OD to not enage sometimes? My Mechanic just told me that he ran the Vet on the lift and got it uo to 55 and it went into OD. He said he did check out the switch and he feels it may be shorting out. He is taking it out for a road test as I type.

Thanks,

Hugh ;shrug
I believe that was a common problem on 84's and 85's Switches and Relays!!:upthumbs

Thanks was not any of the relays or swiches, It appeas the OD clutches are going bad. will have to be rebuit.

Hugh :bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom