Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

85' Dash etc...

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE?
While driving home my instrument panel went out. Also the cruise kicked off
and the 4+3 overdrive went out! So all the gauges and the odometer quit. The
car runs all the other electrical stuff works. I found a blown fuse (5a) and
replaced it and it blew immediately. I used a larger amp fuse 10 and 15 and
they also blew. I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and it still popped
the fuse. Seems like a short somewhere. I find it odd that the cruise,
over-drive and the instrument panel are all on the same fuse, and only 5a.

BTW. only 1 wave from 8 possibilites from you C5 drivers!
Round Trip - Rapid City, SD to Irvine, CA

You came all the way to Irvine in Orange County and you didn't continue a few more miles to the beach!?!?? :eek

_ken :w

The cruise is controlled by the digital dash that's why you lost it and the OD also will not engage with the dash out so that's why you lost that. You have a short somewhere for sure. If you remove the dash the 32-way connector carries the power to the dash. Slot D5 (right side 5 pins down) is a constant 12 volts coming from the 5A fuse (orange wire). Check to see is you have power to one side of the fuse box. If you have power to the fuse box from the battery then check continuity between the D5 and the fuse box and check the wire because somewhere from the fuse box to the dash is your short in that orange wire.

Good luck!!

Ken,
Well while we were there I did think of you, because I know that is your turf. My brother had us busy after the wedding, so no time to sight-see. I have been to the beaches in So.Cal before. They are the BEST!
Gus:cool

Top,
Thanks for the information. Seems you know alot about this. I printed your info to give to my mechanic tomorrow morn' Hope its just a simple short!
:upthumbs
Gus
P.S.
Hey, We went thru Las Vegas...I'll look for ya next time!

Gus,

Sure let me know next time your coming this way. Rapid City is nice. The Army almost sent me to the School of Mines and Technogoly to teach ROTC there but switched me to Utah State instead. I had gotten info from Relators, looks like a great place to live. I will get that way one day.

Top,
Thanks we'll keep that in mind. We've only lived here since last September. my son-in-law is stationed here at EAFB. Lots to see here...now that the snow is gone.:)
Gus
my web-site
http:/www.gusvette.faithweb.com

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom