Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 86 coupe, auto, exhaust problems

bryanjamesjr

Corvette
1986 coupe white over silver
I'm replacing the exhaust on my 86 coupe, auto, and can't find the exhaust center bracket, the bracket that hangs over and connects to the center catalytic converter and helps holding the center of the exhaust system up

But here is the million dollar question I just gotta know, if you couldn't find an old one to use, what would you do?
Did GM just decide to leave their C4 vette owners hangin in the breeze. I haven't seen one listed in any parts manual or any parts house. Would a Chevy dealer have it?
This has my curiosity boilin now and I have to find the answer, I mean, if I brought it to the dealer for the exhaust and the old hanger wasn't there, like my car where it's rusted all away almost, what would they do?
What would they put there?
Has anyone else lost theirs, I mean the car is 25 years old, I wouldn't think I'm the only schmuck that needs one. Do they use the next newer style one somehow, or is that old style part available somewhere?
Can anyone give me more info, I can't sleep at night, I see rusted hangers when I close my eyes, and when I do dream it's of Chevy dealerships but the out to lunch sign is in the window, and the clock in the sign has no hour hand.:W

THANKS, BRYANJAMESJR

try these guys if you haven't already RockAuto Auto Parts
i was able to find factory style exhaust mounts for my 85 IROC there that no one else seemed to have.

Been hard at the coffee?????

I'm sure most muffler shops can deal with that issue, and may have already done so. A muffler or converter hanger/bracket is probably the most fabricated replacement parts out there, because "unavailability" is not unusual.

I'm replacing the exhaust on my 86 coupe, auto, and can't find the exhaust center bracket, the bracket that hangs over and connects to the center catalytic converter and helps holding the center of the exhaust system up

But here is the million dollar question I just gotta know, if you couldn't find an old one to use, what would you do?
Did GM just decide to leave their C4 vette owners hangin in the breeze. I haven't seen one listed in any parts manual or any parts house. Would a Chevy dealer have it?
This has my curiosity boilin now and I have to find the answer, I mean, if I brought it to the dealer for the exhaust and the old hanger wasn't there, like my car where it's rusted all away almost, what would they do?
What would they put there?
Has anyone else lost theirs, I mean the car is 25 years old, I wouldn't think I'm the only schmuck that needs one. Do they use the next newer style one somehow, or is that old style part available somewhere?
Can anyone give me more info, I can't sleep at night, I see rusted hangers when I close my eyes, and when I do dream it's of Chevy dealerships but the out to lunch sign is in the window, and the clock in the sign has no hour hand.:W

THANKS, BRYANJAMESJR

M-I-D-A-S

or

Yellow Pages. Look under "muffler"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom