Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86 Coupe FS - $3,700 obo

hzl6cm

Corvette
1970 Laguna Grey Convert., '04 Z06
86 Coupe FS - Price Lowered!!

All - I've edited this post to lower the price on the car since I really need the space in my garage and I do not have the time to work on it (plus I keep looking at it and thinking I should keep it and rebuild it!). My $3,700 original price is what I had in the car, I will take $3,000 for it just to move it. It means that I will take a loss, but I do need to get rid of it (along with some of my other toys) because I need the space and becuase my current financial situation dictates it. Here is the original posting:

The car has the Z51 performance package as well as a rebuilt motor. It is silver over black two-tone with a red leather interior and is pretty well loaded with options. The guy had bought it from had started to take it apart to repaint and restore it, I bought it with the idea of making a nice low cost track day / autocrosser out of it but I bought a new '04 Z06 not too long after that and I now I bought an '82 Camaro that is already set up for CP autocrossing so I never really did much with it.

Here are some pictures if you are interested: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a357/hzl6cm/1986%20Corvette%20For%20Sale/

Also includes factory service manual and parts book and an aftermarket service manual. The car is located near Odessa, MO which is just off of I-70 exit 37. Let me know if you want more information.

Kevin Brown

Hi,

are you sure this is the original color combo silver/black ?

when yes, you have a limited edition Malcolm Konnor Vette in hands.

just to let you know,

captured from internet :
1986 Corvette Malcolm Konner #7
Commemorative Edition Coupe

Highly collectable. Original, restored. Only 50 of these Malcolm Konner Commemorative Edition Corvettes (RPO 400-1ZA) were ever produced. This is the 7th one built of the 50 total. This car has both the 4-speed and Z51 suspension (1 of 10). Silver Beige Metallic over Black with graphite leather seats and interior - only available in this combination on Malcolm Konner Commemorative Edition RPO. Paint is in mint condition. The interior has no tears, rips or stains. Four (4) new Dunlop Sport 8000 tires have been installed, as well as, new front brakes. Recently had 4 wheel alignment. This car has the original spare tire, jack and jack handle. Documentation - window sticker and build sheets, plus a 3-ring binder full of history and articles on this highly collectable Malcolm Konner Commemorative Edition. This was the only dealer special option number in Corvette history.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Are the engine, transmission, rear end still original? Or have they been swapped?

I will double check the colors and get the codes. I looked a couple of years ago and I'm sure that was what is shohn on the build sticker. Also, the original interior is black which would match the car in your picture.

The engine transmission and rear end are original as far as I know. The engine has been rebuilt by the guy I bought it from and he rebuilt it using the original block. If the id numbers on the engine transmission and rear end are easily accessable or if there is another way to easily id them let me know and I will look this weekend.

Kevin

Here are all of the codes off of the car's build sticker along with what I have been able to look up as to what each code means:

1G1YY0781G5102100

AG9 Power Driver Seat

AU3 Power Door Locks

A42 Standard leather Seats

A51 Canceled, Seat Front Bucket Strato

BGR Plant Code - Bowling Green Kentucky Processing Option, (Color Coordinated Floor Mats

B4P Radiator Boost Fan

CC3 Removable Roof Panel, Transparent

C49 Electric Rear Window Defoger

C68 Air Conditioning, Electronic

DL8 Twin Remote Heated Mirrors

D3X Gear Speedometer Driven 25513049

D84 Two-Tone Paint

D98 Sensor Asm - Speedo 25007308

E5Z Adaption Speedo Delete

E9Z Key Speedo Delete

FE7 High Performance Suspension Package

FG3 Delco - Blistein Shock Adsorbers

G44 3.07 Rear Axle

KB2 Cast Iron Cylinder Heads

KC4 Engine Oil Cooler

K34 Cruise Control

K68 105 Amp Generator

L98 5.7L V8 w/Tuned Port Injection

MD8 4-Speed Automatic Transmission

MX0 Transmission - Auto Provision, Overdrive

NA5 Federal Emissions System

QZD P255/50VR16 Tires/16" Wheels

UO4 Heavy Duty Radiator w/Transmission Cooler

UU8 AM/FM Stereo System, Delco-Bose

V01 Heavy Duty Radiator w/Transmission Cooler

V73 Statement of Vehicle Certification US or Canada

Z51 Performance Handling Package

Z6A Defogger System, Rear Window and Outside Mirrors

1AY Processing Option, Stock Orders

12I Graphite Interior Trim

122 Graphite Leather Interior

18U Medium Grey Metallic exterior

24S Blue Tint Roof Panel

41L Black secondary (lower) exterior

WA

U7719

L8555

Hi,

are you sure this is the original color combo silver/black ?

when yes, you have a limited edition Malcolm Konnor Vette in hands.

just to let you know,

Just to let everybody know that might be thinking this same thing. Even though the car does have a factory silver over black paint job GM calls the upper color Medium Grey Metallic so it isn't a Malcolm Konnor edition. Thanks for the info from everybody!

whats

your Zip and maybe I am still sleepy, but do you mention how the engine and trans run and or last X they were turned over?

Thanks,
dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom