Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 86 Power window switch replacement

lagasvd

Corvette
1986 Indy Pace Car
I need to replace the power window switch in the consel of my 86. From what I understan is that it can be done without removing the consel. How?

it should pull out with a little bit of pull but its much easier with the console partially lifted up so u can pry it out from the bottom rather than pulling with pliers from the top

I just did my mirror control switch, so I know it's not so bad to do....undo the screws for the top of the console (there are 2 or 3 inside the storage compartment as well) and lift it up from the rear. You should be able to get at the switch easily....:beer

Ensure the switch is not just dirty or corroded. I fixed my power mirror by cleaning the connector between the pigtail and the wiring harness with contact cleaner and some friction.

Ensure the switch is not just dirty or a connector corroded. I fixed my power mirror by cleaning the connector between the pigtail and the wiring harness with contact cleaner and some friction.

The console switches are nicely located to catch crumbs, spilled liquids and dirt, not that I eat in my Corvette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom