Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'87 Callaway Twin Turbo on Ebay

I saw that one listed on ebay also - it looks very nice from the photo's.

The '87's certainly have that unique look with the NACA ducts in the hood - looks great.

I would have to assume that it should command the reserve price. I look at it this way. An '87 coupe with those miles would probably run $10 to $12K. Add a percentage of the Callaway B2K option to that figure and you've got your price (50 to 75% of original cost)........ The rare options are what fluctuate in the future - could always go over 100% of options.

Looks pretty nice. That's a good price. Vette magazine shows pricing at $21.5k for Good shape and $26.5k for excellent '87 TT coupe. It looks like it qualifies as excellent shape.

I'm not a big fan of the NACA ducts but that is a nice looking car... and it has the Dymags that were released later.

For anyone looking for peak power keep in mind that the '87 is not a good candidate due to the smaller ICI turbos and some other minor things including the cooling system and the oil recovery from the turbos. There were many changes that went into the '88 model.

90Callaway said:
... and it has the Dymags that were released later.

I have actually seen a few 87's that "supposedly" came w/ the 17" DY's... I would have to assume it was VERY late in the production run as the center caps did not become a GM part until the 88 model year... FWIW...the Callaway's I have seen w/ 'em seemed original :confused
Stan A... Chime in :D

Dymags..............

Hi Chris,

To the best of my knowledge, they received their first shipment of Dymags but it was to late for the production run conversions. I heard that several 87 TT that came in after this time had the wheels added to the package.

The car looks great......

Stan, glad to see u back O/L! I have seen a few 87's w/ the 17" Dy's and I imagine that while the cars were at Old Lyme awaiting the package the wheel center caps became avail along w/ the wheel itself. I will say this about the deal... It may have been "offered" to the 87 owners but not all were takers...
look at the 87 TT on E bay now (4/28/02) it has the 17" Dymags but eludes that they were added...Check the name - these I think are the Dymags from e bay about a month ago that "supposedly" did not sell...
FWIW, about the 88+center caps... All 88 Corvette pre production photo's I have seen, show the 17" wheels w/ out center caps (but w/ the provisions for them) These photo's are taken back in 87 or even very late 86 . I wold imagine the Callaway folks knowing this wheel / center cap was coming and them working so close w/ GM that they adapted it to the unique Dymag 17" wheel.

On another note... Looking at the e bay pic for the Burg/gray 87 TT currently for sale, I noticed the dash plaque states 87 184 of 184 yet there are cars 185, 186, 187. 188 (with plaques) out there including two of those being the 87 automatic cars and I understand one of them to have the "flat hood" of the 88 cars... (and two of those I believe to have 17" Dy's as well)
enjoy!
This will all make for good conversation at the Callaway Reunion!
See ya!!!!!
*89x2*

I am back

I am not surprise at anything we see or hear when it comes to Callaway and his cars. I will check out those 87's.

Go to run......

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom