Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'87 Wheels and tires

spyysee

Corvette
1987 black beauty, all ez mods, owned '62,'78
I need tires, currently have the firestone z50's on OEM wheels (which, by the way, were very good in the rain) but thinking abut replacing the wheels too.

I know from '88 up the geometry of the wheels have changed and wondering
what you guys have done or recommend for re-shoeing this old broad.
talk to me.
thanx.:confused

You can't go wrong with Sawblades

attachment.php

Probably the most popular aftermarket Vette wheel is the ZR-1 style from AFS Wheels. ( www.afswheels.com ). They have a specific wheel with the correct offset (38mm) for 84-87 Vettes. Finishes are silver paint, polished, chrome and black. Theres also a red anodized finish but IMHO, it just doesn look right. You can also get a set of 11x17 wheels for the rear if you want 315/35 tires at the rear.

Wheels from an 88 and later car will require the use of adapters. The standard 88-on wheels use a 56mm offset and if you bolt those on your car they will be recessed into the wheelwell about an inch and look strange (I tried this with a wheel off my 92 and bolted on my 87).

I have a set of AFS chrome wheels on my 92 Polo Green vert and a set of the black (Grand Sport style) wheels on my gold 87 coupe.

AFS also has wheel/tire combinations and they frequently pop up on eBay. Go to the eBay home pages and do a search for "AFS Wheels"

7168.jpg

$595 on Ebay Auction 9.5 x17 or 11x17 $695

Type...AFS 84-7 in Ebay's Search Browser and it will take you directly to
the Page these and other wheel's are on!

These are the Wheel's I'm going to use on my Yellow '87 Coupe! :D

Where do you get the sawblades?

has anyone tried these AFS wheels?

I've had the chrome wheels on my 92 for about 4 years now. The chrome job is excellent and not any indication of peeling or discoloration. The black ones on my 87 are what AFS calls "blemished wheels". They have a some extremely hard to see paint imperfections on the inside of the wheel rim. The spokes are perfect!! I paid $800 for the set and the shipping is free on blemished wheels. These wheels are for race use so they dont remain on the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom