Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 Hood Release Cable

bosshogg

Corvette
1988 Coupe
Just got the hood open with the "special" tool that I made after finding the specs in this forum. (As always...this place is great). I need to know how the new cable is supposed to be routed. The old one comes up on the driver's side then along the firewall, then is routed in front of the distributor, then back along the firewall to the latch on the passenger side. Is this right? This is how I found it, but this motor has had the intake off before. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated. I am ordering the new cable today.
It is finally warm and not snowing in Indiana...I feel the need to "Cruise"!!!
Thanks in advance,
THE HOGG

"A good friend won't let a friend do something stupid...............Alone

Just got the hood open with the "special" tool that I made after finding the specs in this forum. (As always...this place is great). I need to know how the new cable is supposed to be routed. The old one comes up on the driver's side then along the firewall, then is routed in front of the distributor, then back along the firewall to the latch on the passenger side. Is this right? This is how I found it, but this motor has had the intake off before. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated. I am ordering the new cable today.
It is finally warm and not snowing in Indiana...I feel the need to "Cruise"!!!
Thanks in advance,
THE HOGG

"A good friend won't let a friend do something stupid...............Alone

Where did you get the specs for that special tool? Think I will make me one now as my car is getting older.

Do you have a FSM? If not let me know and I can email you the pages.:beer

Joe

Factory service Manual. It shows a pretty good detail on most parts.

Joe

oldvet...you can also make this tool by heating up the rod and bending to those specs...I am going to carry mine in the car until I use some of the tricks other guys in the forum have used, like running an extra cable under the wipers to the relase mechanism...you can see some of these tricks if you do a "Stuck Hood" search in the forum
Good Luck...and as always..."Save The Wave"
Hogg

joesroad...I do not have the FSM and would greatly appreciate any help...I will probably install the new cable this weekend...I might have to return it to the Chevy dealer because it looks like somebody might have returned it after they messed up the base of the plastic threads...I will try to loosen the nuts first before I return it
Thanks Again
Hogg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom