Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 starts great cold but not hot

Z

zrtwooo

I have an '88 L98 that starts right up when it's cold but when its warm, ie been driven a while, it stumbles to a labored start yet runs fine...I don't have a huge problem with this but I'd like to remidy it so my buddies don't question my corvette authoriti... any sugestions?
thx
Mike

Mike,
I see you're in Phoenix. I just got back from there Tuesday night.
It sounds like you may have one or more leaky injectors which will result in a partially flooded condition after shutting the car off until it has time to dry out. You can check by connecting a fuel pressure gauge and watching to see if the pressure starts dropping as soon as the car is shut off.

John

I have the same problems.. I usually try once to start and if it doesn't. I let off the key.. floor the pedal and try again and it usually start using the Flooded procedure.. I need to check my pressure again.. at open point, I saw that my pressure dropped right away.. but it has not done that all of the time.. It could also be the regulator..?

Could be the starter. My '86 Monte Carlo SS did the same thing, start fine cold, but once you drove it and it warmed up it didn't want to start right, like it was as you say labored. I changed the starter and problem solved, starts fine now whenever, hot or cold.

some good info

thanks to all! i'll start there... hey jester what were you doing in phx?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom