Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

89 Corvette Radio

B

BgBlock69

Ok, I was wondering if someone might know. Is there a Radio w/cd that might fit as a replacement for the 89 Factory Bose Radio?

I was driving a 1998 Dodge Stratus the other day and it looked like it might fit. But, not sure.

Is there a sight that I can go to with answers on fitment?

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
In mine I put a Pioneer:
  • DEH-P76DH Multi-CD control player with ID-Logic tuner
  • CDX-P650 6-CD changer
  • GM-X354 Bridgeable four-channel power amplifier
  • Pioneer Speakers
        ~ 6x9 2-ways in the rear
        ~ 4" mid-ranges in the doors
        ~ 1" dome tweeters in the dash

The radio fits right in the old slot. ;)

_ken :w

E

Eagle85C4

And yet His Vigness teases us again ...with no photo.

Ken...great system...how does it sound?

I got Blauplunkt 3 way 6x9's in the back...2 way's in the door and Denen 4x6's in the dash. Sanyo cassette and 6 cd changer.
I am switching out the cassette player for a indash Pyle AM/FM 5"color tv setup. Still trying to figure out where to put the bar and piano.....

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Derek, I thought I had a picture but I guess I don't. There's actually no (or very little) difference bewtween the old radio and the new one. I have a very small gap at the top and bottom, but it is so small as to be un-noticeable.

It sounds great but now that I have the hot rod engine in it, I don't think it's going to get much airplay when I'm driving. The exhaust just overwhelms it now. And besides, the exhaust note is sweeter! ;)

_ken :w

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Ok pix on the way

I have to charge my cam up... and wait till tonight...Sunday AM PIX.

( Dying of a summer cold right now... AaAAAAAA choooooooo)

Vig!

VetteGarage

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe
89 Radio

I took out the Bose and replaced the radio with a Delco. I got it at http://www.radiosandmore.com . It was not an expensive one, less than $300 including harness conversion. I had to fabricate a couple of spacers to make it fit the way I wanted. But the results are that it looks like it is suppose to be there. I had to do NO noticable alterations. I replace the speakers with some Pyle units and it works and sounds great. (I am not too hard to please as far as the sounds are concerned. I just wanted a CD player and a good AM/FM receiver.) I do not need a mega watt sound system. The unit I installed had black controls with a dark charcoal background. The color fit almost perfectly to the color in my 89. I purchased the item number 16152451. The person I talked to was most helpful and they gave me free shipping. I am quite happy with the results.

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
The radio will look GOOD when it's done

If it's done correctly......

It fit's nicely between the existing front cover.

I have the CAM ready to rock tomorrow.. will post pix's here.

How wild do you want to go?

Vig!

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
Amps & Changer

Need I say more!

Oh and YES I KNOW I SPILLED ON THE CARPET......

I'm still sick.. and haven't had time to even give her a proper bath...( now come to think of it...me neither)

Vig!

A

Arcangel224

Scrap The Bose System

Yeah it's a Bose, but there are too many dominate wirings from the amp to the speakers. I dumped that crap and put my own system in. Since nobody makes a good everything, I put a Kenwood CD player, Pioneer Tweeters in the rear and doors, Kenwood mids in the dash and (3) 10 inch subs in a triangular box in the rear (fits perfectly and allows my shade to cover it. Did it all for under $500 and it will kill a Bose system anyday, and has good sound balance (not too much bass unless I need it) I also got an XPlode power amp (700 watts) to power it all. Good luck, it really depends on what you want for sound. Volume...quality..etc. To each his/her own. I didnt have change to put my two cents in so I just thought I toss in this wooden nickle...rofl..I dont know about the newer corvettes too much. A guy I work with has a 2001 and for what he paid, the system sucks.

The Angel Man!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom