Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 vette purchase

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
I just wanted to ask your opinions on a 90 corvette my neighbors has offered me, his asking price is 7500.00, everything works on it right down to cold a/c, has power seats, solid top, chrome factory wheels, power everything, he says its not a z-51 just a base vette, has just a am/fm cassete, motor is all stock nothing butchered or missing, also its a 6spd car, paint is ok from 25 feet but has wear, interior over all is nice with the exception of the drivers seat (black leather) car has 125,000 miles drives very nice, he bought it at like 80,000 and has been easy on it, it has its share of rattles, tranny shifts very very nice, with the exception of cags, has brand new tires, I've known him for about five years and he's never had a problem with the car, is it a good deal & are there any specific 90 problems I should look for

thanks

Sounds like a good deal!!! Ibought my 84 from my neighbor,best purchase i ever made. good luck :upthumbs

That is a great price.

Problem wise, 90's are kind of a half breed in many ways. The electronic computer system includes a secondary computer called a CCM that all the upper brain functions run through. It is the first year of the air bag, CCM, different dash, and it has no mass air flow sensor on the engine (speed density).

They have a host of electronic quirks and gremlins.

Don't worry, we will help you get through that.

Worst case scenario, you chop it up for C4 donor parts under one of your C3 project cars!

chris

If the 82 needs to get chopped up anymore I will buy you a plane ticket and you can tell my wife why her car is being chopped up again .... as for the 90 I just want in for cold, rainy lousy weather commuting since my motorcycle isn't much fun riding in the lousy weather

An L98 6-speed? That's nice and torquey! I haven't seen too many of the L98 6-speeds. I think the L98 is a fine engine, maybe not the most powerful, but that's not what you want it for anyways.

I personally think $7,500 is a pretty nice deal. He is your neighbor and you've known him for years so the chances of him ripping you off aren't great.

Sounds Like a good deal to me. I bought my 92 from a neighbor not 5 houses from me. We didn't know each other then but we do now. He bought a new Vette and we talk and help each other out all the time.

petdetec said:
Sounds Like a good deal to me. I bought my 92 from a neighbor not 5 houses from me. We didn't know each other then but we do now. He bought a new Vette and we talk and help each other out all the time.

Welcome to the CAC!:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom