Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

91 Coupe, 38k miles, red/blk, 6 spd FOR SALE

???????????????????????/

Even though this is a tough time of the year to sell anything in the upper 48, you should have sold it already in the lower 48.

Please be patient and your price is very reasonable and in line.

If a dealer had your car in his lot he would be asking $16/$17,000.

Try a consignment dealer of vettes in the miami area, but watch out for the small print and daily storage fees.

Your vette looks to be worth your price and don't let the wannabee's shoot your price any further down.

Good luck

Alan

Thanks King, I'm being patient, it will sell eventually. The price is still $13k firm and isn't going any lower. Even at that price, it's a bargain. Most 91's I have seen in this area at dealers with much higher mileage are priced higher.

If I have one more gawker email me and offer me "$7k because that's all it's worth", I probably will go nuts. :W

"Wait and they will come"

If you cannot move your vette at your asking price then you must have a cloud over your head.

In two months your vette will bring at Manheim Auctions (dealer only) on the low side $11,000 and keep in mind that the dealer that buys it will have to pay a salesman's commission 60 day warranty and a healthy markup.

On his lot he will ask 16/$17,000 and settle for no less then $15,000 and he will get it.

Last week there were only 14 vettes and there was only one with 23,000 miles and the rest were in the 50,000 mile area and they went.

Only two late C4's and the rest C5's.

In the beginning of March the vettes will come out of the woodwork when they bring top dollar.

If l was in your position l would wait a little and you will get your price for sure.

As far as the people low balling you, pass they are tire kickers and looking to steal your baby. If they were serious they wouldn't be low balling you to that extent.

I see red when l hear it and hate when people try and take advantage and they think they are sharp when they are plain rude.

Sorry for babbling but l deal with this on a daily basis and it's getting to me.

i would also pull a car-fax and assure potential buyers that it is not a flood vehicle, because of the hurricanes.

Alan

I am interested in your car. Price sounds fair if it is super clean. I am selling my 91 because it is an auto and I want a 6 speed. I need to know every detail of how clean the car is, etc. Florida is a ways from NE Ohio. Let me know.

Mark

slapshot said:
Thanks King, I'm being patient, it will sell eventually. The price is still $13k firm and isn't going any lower. Even at that price, it's a bargain. Most 91's I have seen in this area at dealers with much higher mileage are priced higher.

If I have one more gawker email me and offer me "$7k because that's all it's worth", I probably will go nuts. :W

That's a beautiful car at a more than fair price from what I can see. I'd be a little more than p*ssed if someone offered me $7k for it. There's a million a$$xxxxx out there but when you put your car up on the internet I guess you have to expect that. Be patient.....and knock it "up" a grand or two next month. I guarantee you'll get $15k for that car in two months. Good luck, -John

Manual tranny

Slapshot

For some reason while reading your discription of your 91, it didn't register in my brain that your vette had a 6spd and not auto.

The resale for a 6spd is higher then an auto by $1000 and at auction it brings a minimum of $500.

Don't give it away because you will be sorry.

Alan

mash2k said:
I am interested in your car. Price sounds fair if it is super clean. I am selling my 91 because it is an auto and I want a 6 speed. I need to know every detail of how clean the car is, etc. Florida is a ways from NE Ohio. Let me know.

Mark

You have email

JJS said:
That's a beautiful car at a more than fair price from what I can see. I'd be a little more than p*ssed if someone offered me $7k for it. There's a million a$$xxxxx out there but when you put your car up on the internet I guess you have to expect that. Be patient.....and knock it "up" a grand or two next month. I guarantee you'll get $15k for that car in two months. Good luck, -John

OK, I'll keep that in mind. I knew selling in winter wouldn't be terribly easy. Heck, a local dealer offered me $7k for trade in on an 04 Z06.

I know what the car is worth, and won't settle just to move it quickly. If nobody from CAC is interested here in a month or so, I am going to list it locally and online, and the price will be going back up to atleast $14,500. I was hoping to give someone here a deal since I knew they would appreciate the car more.

Still for sale, $13,750....last price reduction, it isn't going any lower and will be listed locally in a month or so.

Bumpin' up

bumpo

Put it on ebay with a reserve price. I bet it would sell fast.

***SOLD pending funds***

'Bout time someone with a clue took a look at that car. I hope you got $15k for it. Congrats, and good luck.

-John

Let's get moving on this.

The price is so right!

Alan

Well guys I have the check in hand and will be flying out on Tuesday to get this awesome Vette. Luckily I only have a 24 hour drive home. :_rock

Congrats, Boldtx. That's a beautiful car. Enjoy that ride home!

-John

Congrats.

That is indeed a clean car and an excellent price. I have a '91 auto with 47k. I got it when it had 32k. Paid less but it needed some work due to neglect.

If you bought it anywhere near that price, it was a bargain. I've since doubled the purchase price on mine just to get it so right. Thus, you definitely got a great deal! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom