Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

91 Heated O2 sensor wiring question

aklim

Corvette
91 White Coupe
When installing a Heated 02 sensor, how is the wiring done? I know there are 3 wires. Heater power, Heater ground and 02 sensor feedback. Where to hook up the power to? Some have suggested that you can take the emissions power and use that since it is hot when the car is on and I am not using it. AFAIK, the ECM triggers it by grounding the emissions item. So, will that draw too much power or is that ok?

One white to ground, the other to power and of course the black goes to ECM.

Which O2 are you using, Bosch does not like 12v. I used a fuse in the fuse box for mine.
Some people have used the fan relay, but any 5 volt will work that has power w/ignition on.

One white to ground, the other to power and of course the black goes to ECM.

Which O2 are you using, Bosch does not like 12v. I used a fuse in the fuse box for mine.
Some people have used the fan relay, but any 5 volt will work that has power w/ignition on.

It is the Bosch one. I thought the heaters were all 12V? The emissions stuff is 12V but I am not sure how much current is needed and I don't want to melt wires.

Bosch does not like 12v.
How do you figure that , it is only a heating element?

For ease , most run the heater wire from the fuel pump relay that is hot when engine running

For ease , most run the heater wire from the fuel pump relay that is hot when engine running

That won't cut down on the power to the fuel pump, will it?

What would be the correct fuse rating?

That won't cut down on the power to the fuel pump, will it?
Haven't read of any problems.
If you were concerned could run heater through a relay and use one of the many hot ; key on, wires as a trigger ( EGR /AIR feeds , etc )

Haven't read of any problems.
If you were concerned could run heater through a relay and use one of the many hot ; key on, wires as a trigger ( EGR /AIR feeds , etc )

I had that idea but I wanted to run it by the board and see what they come up with.

02 sensor

Hello, How hard is it to replace a 02 sensor on a 85 vette,Is it easy to get too. THANKS :ugh

Hello, How hard is it to replace a 02 sensor on a 85 vette,Is it easy to get too. THANKS :ugh

Mine is on the exhaust section after the 4 pipes "Y" into it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom