Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

92-93 Corvette Issues

A

Adam...

I imagine this type of question is asked a lot but since I am new to the forum here it goes... Are there any major issues (overheating, hardware failure, etc) to look out for in the 92 or 93 Corvette? I like the LT1 and these fall into a nice price range. As some background, this would be a car I would take to the track several times a year as well as be a long road trip cruiser.

Thanks,
Adam

I have a 92. When the car is moving, good luck getting it to over heat. I have driven 85 mph through Nevada when it was over 113*, with the a/c, and I was still only at about 200* (stock thermostat is 195). It is sitting at stop lights that you need to look out for. But, there are ways around that too, like fan switches that turn the cooling fans on a lot sooner; as well as a lower temp thermostat.

I have put over 26K miles on my 92 in 16/17 months. It is a great car.

mIke

92 LT1

Adam

Welcome to CACF. I own a 92 convertible with 179,000 miles. I drive it every day since may 97. Just like our friend says above...I never had a problem with heat. I installed a 160 f THERMOSTAT and a transmission oil cooler. If you buy an automatic I recomend the oil cooler. Good Luck

adam
i own a 93 ,and have had no problems with the drivetrain.they
heat up a little at red lights in summer,but once you get rolling
there fine.the bose cd player never worked right in these cars
and get rid of the goodyear gsc,they wear out fast and give a rough ride. other than that its a awsome car.the lt 1 is very
reliable engine,the car is affordable and still gets looks
so go get one and have some fun!:)

I don't know. My Bose CD player works just fine (knock on wood).

mIke

Bose Schmose

Yeah, Topless knock on fiberglass - mine went a few months ago. I have had Tom Petty's Greatest Hits stuck in the CD player for a couple of months now. I like Tom but.... does anyone know how to get this to release without ruining everything? And you have never had to replace those cheap az amplifiers? Do you ever turn it on? :(

jj

Re: Bose Schmose

jjones said:
Yeah, Topless knock on fiberglass - mine went a few months ago. I have had Tom Petty's Greatest Hits stuck in the CD player for a couple of months now. I like Tom but.... does anyone know how to get this to release without ruining everything?

jj

I can't help you get the CD out, but Tom Petty's Greatest Hits is in my CD player right now too! That's good Vette driving music!
:s

Sure - if I hear "she was an American girl" one more time I'm gonna :puke

jj

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom