Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

92 Cranking won't start

Corvette
1992 LT1
I have a 92 LT1 Automatic. Cranking but won't start. I have had a problem with stumbling when stopping at light or I guess under load. Plus, oil leaks. I brought it to my mechanic, and he started diagnosing the problem. Oil leaking onto Optispark from Intake Manifold. Could be causing stumble. Replaced Intake Manifold Gasket. Also, after that it seemed I had a Head Gasket leak because when he added the coolant it was bubbling up or some shit. So, he replaced both Head Gaskets. Water pump was good just replaced gaskets, seal, timing chain cover gasket, new plugs, new AC Delco belt. He also had taken out the opti inspected it and replaced. Car ran for about a week and died. Would not start. Had car flat bedded to another mechanic who is familiar with vettes. He diagnosed car I had a faulty Fuel Pump, replaced, regapped plugs, installed new ignition wires, I had bought a new Petris Optispark and he installed it. All the diagnostics where done - have spark, fuel pressure good, fuel pump working, car started ran for a short time then acted up again while still at shop. Checked codes and decided it may be the ECM. Car actually started brought it home. Had ECM sent out to rebuild. Got it back and it would not start. Just cranked. I resent ECM to make sure it was ok. So here we are about 6 months later and the efin thing still won't start. I have a lawn ornament. Sorry for going on but I had to vent.
Danny :hb

is the fuel pump getting power , check fuel pump relay. Also is the security system acting up. Just throwing a couple things out there.

GW,
The security system seems to be fine. No light flashing. I do have an alarm system that the chevy dealer put in when I bought the car (new)
The car did start 3 days ago but when I tried to rev it would choke out. If I give gas gradually it stayed running but rough almost feels like out of time if that's possible.
Thanks for the reply

No progress. Looking for another mechanic. I ordered the FSM should be here next week. I will give it to whomever needs it to fix this. Thanks for asking though. To be continued

No progress. Looking for another mechanic. I ordered the FSM should be here next week. I will give it to whomever needs it to fix this. Thanks for asking though. To be continued
GW,
I did find another mechanic actually about 1/4 mile from me anyway, I have good news. He had the car for one week I just picked up the car today and woohoo the car starts and runs. They found the Ignition Coil was giving spark but wasn't strong enough to start it. Also changed the Electronic Ignition Module. (I forgot why) think it was weak.
Hopefully this is it happy trails :happyanim:

sounds reasonable but for me most time ignition module just flat out die. glad to see you got it running .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom