Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'92 power antenna

srensh1

Corvette
'92 black coupe
Pretty sure the ribbon is broken in my antenna, antenna does not move up or down but I can hear the motor running. I bought the replacement mast but I don't see how to get the old one out. I don't see a retaining nut when looking at the mast, I tried using the socket tool provided with the replacement but it doesn't grab any nut either. Do I have to yank the rubber grommet out of the fender to be able to get to the nut?

Pretty sure the ribbon is broken in my antenna, antenna does not move up or down but I can hear the motor running. I bought the replacement mast but I don't see how to get the old one out. I don't see a retaining nut when looking at the mast, I tried using the socket tool provided with the replacement but it doesn't grab any nut either. Do I have to yank the rubber grommet out of the fender to be able to get to the nut?
Yes the grommet has to come out!:upthumbs

On my '92, the special tool that came with the replacement mast slipped right over the mast and allowed me to loosen the nut. Do you have the correct, O.E.M. replacement mast or an aftermarket one? :confused

">

Notice that the hex end is in the up position.
Also Notice that the grommet is still in place

The hex end goes DOWN and the grommet remains in place. It's just there to keep moisture from contacting the antenna motor wire connectors.

John Robinson is correct!!I don't know what I was thinking about the grommet!!Other than usually by the time I get to them there is 6 inches of the old cable broke off in them and I have to completely take the antenna out and apart to get it out!:hb:hb:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom