Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driveline vibration 1993 C4 Auto

Steve40th

93 C4, Okay, at 2500 rpm and at 4500 rpm I have a vibration under medium to heavy throttle. Does not matter if AC is on or not.
In neutral, or park, the problem is not there.
Had main drive shaft checked. Good, and balanced.
Half Shafts have zero movement, and as driveshaft, has spicer u joints. They are a few years old, but very few miles.
I replaced end links on rear sway bar. Rubber was gone.
Hal Shocks, no leaks.
DRM Long tube headers since 2001 era, and OEM cat back exhaust.
700R4/4L60 Pro Built Automatic with Vigilante 2800 stall
New tires.
Center beam has ZF Docs plates, and they are torque per FSM.
When you get on it, half or full it feels like something is vibrating/hitting the floor boards. Feels like exhaust is hitting. But, when I was under there, I cant see where the exhaust could be hitting. Maybe under torque, it is. Motor mounts are tight, I just did that a couple days ago.
So, thats all I can think of.
Thoughts, suggestions?

I believe I have read about this issue some years back. I have also had the problem noticing it on the highway at high speeds. At least this is when I have noticed it under medium throttle. Maybe some searches here might help as it had to do with something in the trans. I have not noticed it however in recent trips I have taken...almost like it disappeared and that's why I didn't research it any further...it's not doing it for quite sometime now. Seems typical with the 93. I have changed the trans oil a few years back.

Actually turned out to be left side bend in exhaust was touching body. So, OEM exhaust got bent somewhere during its life being taken on and off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom