Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

`92 Vette vs `04 GTO (video)

C4CRAZY787

Corvette
92 Dark Red Coupe
Your C4 runs strong and that GTO was sure sleeping on the line. That has to be one of the worst reaction times I have ever seen.

Gah cmon man, I hate to downplay your run, but that guy was asleep at the wheel. Major difference at the line.

C3L81 said:
Gah cmon man, I hate to downplay your run, but that guy was asleep at the wheel. Major difference at the line.

Gotta throw out reaction time, I was still .5sec quicker through the 1/4. Check the time slip.

Do the math. Reaction time diff was. .529 the diff in the ET was .500 even with a closer reaction time the Vette may have won. But with equal raction time the GTO would have won. But still very close.
Glenn
:w

G Winter said:
Do the math. Reaction time diff was. .529 the diff in the ET was .500 even with a closer reaction time the Vette may have won. But with equal raction time the GTO would have won. But still very close.
Glenn

No, the time for both cars does not start at the same time, took him 13.71sec. to cover the 1/4, only took me 13.21sec.:)

since when is the ET not from the time the light turns green ? I was sure when I used to run that the time included the reaction time.
Glenn

G Winter said:
since when is the ET not from the time the light turns green ? I was sure when I used to run that the time included the reaction time.
Glenn

Reaction times (the delay between the green coming on and the elapsed-time clock starting) ET clock starts when the ft tire breaks the ET clock beam, this is how a car with a faster ET can be beat by a better RT if he sits there to long. I could set at the light for a 30sec and still run a low 13sec ET. Its still who get's to the finish line first. I my case I whopped the GTO in RT and ET.
Hope that helps.:)

G Winter said:
Ok done a little diff than yrs ago .

:beer NW Iowa, one of my best friends lives in Sioux City. I'm up there at least once a year, hope you enjoyed the video.:w

C4CRAZY787 said:
Its still who get's to the finish line first.

exactly. and like you said you could still lose with a lower et. my father always said the race is won or lost at the line. it wouldve been nice to see a rematch with the goat. with equal reaction times i think the goat would win.

The clock doesn't start till the car leaves the line. In this case even if the the reaction times were equal the vette still would have won. The mph on both cars are pretty much the same and the win/loss will be in how well each makes the first 60ft ! Nice run !

Your clock doesn't start when the light turns green. It starts when your car starts to move. A reaction time is just the amount of time between when your light turns green and when your car moves. Even with dead even reactions (start moving at exactly the same time), the Vette was still a half a second faster. That's an eternity in drag racing, and a whole lot of car lengths. No contest, this Vette (not saying all Vettes) is significantly quicker.

C4CRAZY787 said:
:beer NW Iowa, one of my best friends lives in Sioux City. I'm up there at least once a year, hope you enjoyed the video.:w
Small world I was born in Sioux City Ia I lived in South Sioux City Nebraska I moved to Minnesota back in 84 been here ever since:w
Thats the way to kick butt in your video:upthumbs

But according to their owners, GTO's are the fastest cars in the world taking down C6 Z06's, Ford GT's and Ferrari's...:L

C4CRAZY787 -

I'm just up in Smithville,and have been to KCIR many times, but not yet with my Vette, as I've only had it about a year. I see you are in the KCCA. There's a guy here in Smithville that sells clear bras and stuff for Vettes, and when I saw him at the car wash he gave me a card and invited me to a meeting. I lost that info since then, but my wife and I have been considering joining. I thought the meetings were the first Friday of every month, but I can't remember where. Can you point me in the right direction?

cerberus said:
C4CRAZY787 -
I thought the meetings were the first Friday of every month, but I can't remember where. Can you point me in the right direction?

Sure thing, meetings are on the 2nd Fri at 7:30, just go to our web site for all the info.
http://www.kccorvetteassociation.com/
We have allot of member's up your way...
Hope to see you next month...
Denver

C4CRAZY787 said:

I live N of Sioux City about 85 miles. 5 miles from Mn 15 miles east of Highway 75. We get to KC now and then. my wife's brother lives south of Levenworth.
Glenn
Olathe is that right east of KC ?

G Winter said:
Olathe is that right east of KC ?

Southwest of KC, just down I35.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom