Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 drivers side window problems

logrady

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette
Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope you can give me some advice. I have a 93 40 year anniversary ruby red corvette. I just started having problems with the driver’s side window not stopping when I put it up. It travels about an inch higher than it should and cocks a little bit towards the rear of the car when it gets up that high. Is there a limit switch that stops the window from rising, is it out of the track? has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It sounds like the window stop has moved, is gone, or the pad on the stop is gone. Either way it requires removal of the door panel. If you don't have one, get a manual, then tear the door apart. The parts are usually not too expensive, it just takes time to do the work, then to adjust the window.

Good Luck!

ok this is working.remove the door panel and get in the back pf the windpw stop and i believe its a 5/16 or 10 mm.but to get your hand in there i had to take a sheet metal snips and cut out as much of that aluminum shield as i could. all systems work ok afterward. but put some silicone on the aluminum to keep it from making a three stooges noise when you close the door.and thats how i did it.

Mine has gone down this path too. I can hear the stop roaming freely at the bottom of the door. Mocking me... Taunting... Stop laughing at me!!!

Thanks everyone for the help. Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I wasn't in front of my computer this weekend. This sounds like it might be one of those times I want to take the car to the garage. From what I've read on other threads there can also be allot of short wires back there to deal with. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom