Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

94 Convert Value

B

BBB454

OK all you C4 experts out there... My friend/neighbor has her heart set on a getting a red convertible (Vette of course). We've found one in Houston that has 51,000 miles on it and the pictures look nice (I'm attaching one). However, he has said the car was hit once (drivers side front) but the repairs were done very well so you can't tell. He's asking $18,000 - is that a fair price?

Thanks!
Barb :w

Looks awesome. I think the price could be a little lower. I am thinking $13-$16K for a good cash price. It is still a buyers market, especially on C4s since there are so many of them out there.

I forgot to mention

that I ran the Kelly Blue Book on it, which shows about $15,800 for a private sale, and the Edmunds, which shows about $14,700 for a private sale (and $17,400 for a dealer car).

I thought those prices might be kind of low based on what we've seen while searching for her "dream car"... seems like most 94 convertibles are listed at over $20k. (But the question is - do they really GET that much for them?)

Exactly,Do they really get that much for them:eyerole
Dealers will get premium as they are into the finance side. A private cash sale is hard to come by when your talking over 10k and I'm sure you can negotiate a far better price. I just bought the Benz privately at 6k less than a dealer wanted:dance
By the way,I just love Red C4's.:cool :cool :cool

I bought a 93 last year with 60K ,but it is in great cond. paid 13K I think you can get one cheaper, although the vert is worth a little more. What it comes down to is if you want it go for it , its not terribly overpriced. Good luck Jim

Take a look @ E Bay motors

Just to get an idea of the price spread!

Mike

4 YEAR RULE

IT LOOKS GOOD BUT, REMEMBER THE 4 YEAR RULE
:dance

I don't know what the 4-year rule is, can you please give me more explanation?

Thanks!

RE

IT WAS AN ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY CORVETTE FEVER 2 YEARS AGO.
:argue

Barb,
A convertible will sell for more than a coupe so you can't really compare the two. Compare verts to verts to get a real value. I bought a black 94 vert a few months ago. It has the same chrome sawblade wheels like the one your looking at. The paint is so so and looks good from a few feet away but is not a perfect paint job. It has 80,000 but also had a rebult trans and some performance extras like new throttle body, K&N air filter, new opti spark dist, new water pump, all new hoses including all the smaller hoses that no one thinks about. It also had a new GM top w/glass window, and rebuilt rear end with 3.73 gears.

I see where they are listed at 17k to 20k so I grabbed this one for 10.

4 year rule.

Every 4 years you should vote, unless you live in
Flori-duh. :confused :s :J :L :eyerole

Hey! I resemble that remark:confused :confused :L :L :L

Oops! :love

Are you the one that got the Chad pregnant? :hb

It's OK to laugh during sex, but don't point!!!

She did it!

Thanks to all for your help with the pricing on this car. My neighbors flew down to Texas this morning and are driving the car up right now!

We've been looking all over for others to compare pricing, and they were all listed starting at $18,500 (dealers were listing them in the low to high $20s).

They just called me and said the car is in mint condition - looks even better than the pictures! I'm so happy for them!!

Thanks again everyone!

Re: RE

FX3FX3 said:
IT WAS AN ARTICLE PUBLISHED BY CORVETTE FEVER 2 YEARS AGO.
:argue
FX3FX3,

So what is "the rule?" I couldn't find the article.

Yes, could you please elaborate on the 4 year rule? I'm curious as well.

WOW.....

All these replies and not one said to ask how hard it was hit. Where they the owners when it was hit? If so please fax me the repair bill from the body shop showing parts replaced. Were aftermarket parts used or GM? Call the body shop and talk to them. I will assume a Carfax was done and it's not a 'dirty' title. The fact the addmission of being hit and then saying it was fixed great would have made put on my 'Columbo' overcoat and checked the car head to toe.

But she is drivin it home so I hope all is well.

Happy Friday everybody and the top is down tonight in Vegas Baby!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom