Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

94 door locks

The electrical solenoid you see is the actuator. While you have the door panels off look carefully at the linkage from the lock cylinder to the door latch. Remove the link from the key cylinder to the latch to see if the cylinder will turn in the unlock direction. See if you can manually unlock the latch by hand. If you can, and it takes some effort keep doing that while pouring on the WD 40, I think your latch is binding. You may even want to remove the latch to help free it up. Good luck.

Where are you and the car located? I am sure someone close can help.

The key turns perfectly both ways , it just doesn't do anything in the unlock direction.

The key turns perfectly both ways , it just doesn't do anything in the unlock direction.
I understand that. Look at the link from the lock cylinder to the latch and see if you can tell why it does not unlock the latch. Try moving the lever the link attaches to by hand to see if the latch will unlock that way.

I only have access to a 1987 shop manual but in the '87, there are two wires coming from the lock motor, one is black and the other is blue. One is to lock the door and the other is to unlock it. Both wires end up in the IP harness. In my 1987 Manual, they are listed as circuits #194 and #195.

From what you describe, I have a feeling that you have an electrical problem, not a mechanical problem as I first thought.

Without having the manual for your year, I hesitate to go any further but I think you'll find that those wires end up in the theft deterent module.

Hey Pitt Seems like you need one of these bro :grouphug: Keep the faith!

Well,I finally broke down and took it to the local vette shop.The whole thing with the doors not unlocking all stemmed from the wonderfull audiovox aftermarket alarm that the previous owner had installed.I guess with this particular model you can choose how you'd like diffrent parts of the car to function,and I guess he didn't see a need to be able to unlock the doors manually!What a pain in the ass!
The alarm has been completely removed and the car has been brought back to GM specs.
I apreciate the help everyone e-mailed me.
mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom