Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

94 LT-1 Idles Poorly

copper9C1

Hey Folks, hope everyone is doing well. I've been reading a lot on the WWW about the poor idling that is found in some of the LT-1 engines and I am perplexed. It idles, or lobes for a lack of better words, when it is in gear and tends to stall from time to time when transitioning from park to reverse. The vehicle is stock with the exception of a cold air intake w/a K&N air filter and it has straight pipes "H" without cats and two Flowmaster mufflers.

Also, when I first start my car up after it has sat for a few hours I get the "Low Oil Level" light, but it goes away after I restart it after a while. Yes, it has plenty of oil in it!!! Here is what I have replaced thus far:

New PCM
New Knock Sensors (Left and Right)
New 140 Amp Alternator
New Coolant switch and sending unit
New Throttle Positioning Sensor
New Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
New Oxygen Sensors (left and right)
New Spark Plugs
New PCV
New Fuel Filter
Cleaned the Idle Air Control Valve

Replaced a lot of the vacuum lines but I couldn't figure out what's supposed to be connected to a vacuum nipple on the throttle body. Its located on the passenger side and is the bottom nipple (Three all together). See Pictures below, RED arrow indicates capped nipple that I need help with.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. (In the voice of Peter Griffin, "hehehehehehehe, he said nipple three times")

1994 LT-1 Caprice Classic 9C1 Police Package

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom