Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'95 ZR-1 Gross Weight?

95ZR1#418

Corvette
95ZR1#418, 88Z51Coupe, 69L46Coupe
Hi All-

I seem to have difficulty finding what the gross weight of a ZR-1 is by using the searches. Wondering for trailer hauling specs, anyone know?? around 3400lbs? :eyerole

TIA

The gross vehicle weight should be on the sticker inside the drivers door frame.

:w

Hi All-

I seem to have difficulty finding what the gross weight of a ZR-1 is by using the searches. Wondering for trailer hauling specs, anyone know?? around 3400lbs? :eyerole

TIA

As stated earlier the car's GVW is listed on the door pillar.

You'll be surprised how little the car's payload actually is. "Payload" is GVW - the curb weight and is the weight of the occupants and any cargo.

A ZR1 is not intended for trailer towing...certainly not one weighing 3400 lbs.

As stated earlier the car's GVW is listed on the door pillar.

You'll be surprised how little the car's payload actually is. "Payload" is GVW - the curb weight and is the weight of the occupants and any cargo.

A ZR1 is not intended for trailer towing...certainly not one weighing 3400 lbs.

:duhI think you misread that Hib. I'm sure he was wondering as far as load on the trailer. NOT hauling a 3400 lb trailer. :chuckle:crazy

:pat

The gross vehicle weight should be on the sticker inside the drivers door frame.

Thanks for that info. O.K., so the GVWR = 3962lbs per the door sticker. Also on that sticker it says Vehicle capacity weight = 399lbs. So does this mean 3962-399=3563lbs which is the actual cars empty weight? The weight of it which will be set upon a trailer?

GVWR is the vehicle, full of fluids (including gas), and IIRC two passengers at an estimated weight of ~160. Can't remember for sure if the passenger weight is correct, actually I can't remember if it includes driver and passenger.:confused But yes your math is correct, although the empty weight does include a full tank of gas. I estimate mine at 3500 lbs for towing purposes. With the weight of the trailer I'm pulling somewhere around 5000 lbs. Easy money for my Silverado SS. :upthumbs

You could load up and go to a certified weight scale and have them weigh your trailer for you, if you really want to be exact. Most truck stops have them. Might cost you $10 or $15.

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom