Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'96 displaying "SYS" light ?

I haven't gotten to buying a service manual for my '96 I just got and was wondering what are possible causes for the "SYS" light flashing on the gauges ? Have noticed that the right door light being on very low though after driving it this evening ?

Is your passive key alarm system workiing properly? If not, this could be the source of the SYS light blinking. It also indicates that the computer in your vette is detecting some type of electrical problem.

I had the same problem with the SYS light flashing on my 96 and the fix was to replace a bad positive battery cable. I haven't had any problems since then.

at night I notice a faint orange glow from the passenger door lite, not real bright but noticeable.

Whoa, whoa, whoa..........!!!!!!!!

That faint orange glow is TOTALLY CORRECT! GM spent a lot of time and money so that the passenger door lite would be white when activated by the interior lite switch in the headlite switch and then when the headlites are on, the lite turns to orange! The same color as the dash lites and the HVAC and radio lites! This is so one can see the door handle in the dark.

SYS does refer to, more often than not, the charging system on a 96. Check battery cable connections at battery & starter and check alternator for proper charging voltage (between 13.8 - 14.4 volts).

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom