Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 Passive Keyless Entry Light

L

Louis Bartay

Sometimes the Passive Keyless Entry Light comes on but does not blink. If I turn off the engine and remove the key it is still on. So if I reinsert the key a second time without starting and remove it the light goes off. I have this function turned off as the key fob clip is broken, so I turned off the PKE and removed the battery several years ago and it is in the tool box. It just started doing this and it only does it about once a week.??????

PKE

Try reprograming the pke per the programing instructions to the car and them use the key fob to turn off the system again.

Try reprograming the pke per the programing instructions to the car and them use the key fob to turn off the system again.

I have tried that after I read your post, but the key fob with a New battery does Not do anything. Last year the plastic clip that holds the fob together broke and it fell in half, so I turned off the system while the fob still worked. Well now "Nothing" so I need to break down and pay the $165.00 for a new one. And try again with the programming.

The other day it would not turn the starter over and it would not read the chip in the key. I removed the key and waited 3 to 5 minutes and the Vette started. The Passive System light has Not come on while I was just driving down the road since the starter would not turn over. (it is a New Starter about six months old)

When the light comes on all I have to do is turn off the engine and take the key in and out and the light goes off???? Thanks
Louis

Interesting phenomenon. I doubt if the two issues are related. The no start sounds like the typical VATS system failure, but I don't have an explanation for the PKE problem. The light being on solid indicates that it is programmed and on that is the only time it should come on during the programming process.

I do know that my local Chevy dealer quoted me $149.00 for the PKE fob and with my company discount it would be around $127.00. SO if you have acess to any discount through a friend in the auto repair business it might help. Also I see these all the time on Ebay, new for $129.00, but I'm not sure if all of them are OEM, but they look like they are. I shy away from Ebay on some items like that because I have no recourse if they don't work, unlike the local dealer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom