Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a BIG thank you!

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
yes, i mentioned this in my other thread but felt it deserved another one.....

I wanted to thank Paul (Subfixer) for all his help over the weekend. It was a great pleasure meeting Paul and his lovely wife Theresa this weekend and Paul was a HUGE help when I was changing my fan clutch and when I was removing and reinstalling my seats when Al Knoch redid them on Fri.
Besides Pauls help, very large thanks to Johnz for stopping by the car a few times and offering the great advice that I followed regarding the fan clutch - I had picked up a replacment fan clutch from NAPA and when John stopped by I was fighting with it to make it work and listening to John I went over to Paragon and bought the CORRECT fan clutch and what do you know.........as soon as I did that the rest of the replacement went smooth as silk :beer
BTW John, do you know EVERY GM part number for a C2 off the top of your head? ;LOL

Paul and his wife are two of the nicest people you can meet and they ended up hanging out under our tent all weekend in rain and shine during the 3 days and dinner both nights we were there. We are already discussing them coming and visiting over the winter and having Paul help me install A/C in my car. His generousity is overwhelming. The only thing I'm now worried about is when we see them again, that when my Linda and his Theresa get together again things may get dangerous for our credit cards............. ;LOL

so Paul, JohnZ, Dennis (Midyear) and Andy, thank you guys SO VERY MUCH for all your help on my car.

Also, a HUGE and heartfelt THANK YOU for EVERYONE that took the time to stop by and visit us to say say hello and to see us and Baby. It was a pleasure to meet each and everyone of you finally. It was a huge show and so much to see in such a limited time so for you to make the effort to find us and stop by meant so much to Linda and I. :beer

We are already looking forward and planning for next years show and we promise Baby will be looking better next year.

As for the fan clutch, what was keeping the old setup stuck on there, as I recall it wasn't budging for you . . .

As for Paul, yeah, any guy who up and drives 1.5 hours down to my place on a scorching summer day to help diagnose a problem is a friend indeed. Never had the pleasure of meeting his wife, but nice guys seem to end up with nice gals; it sounds like this held true for Mr. Subfixer too!

I hope to see your car one day Barry, looks great in the pics.

Jack
when Paul and I got the four bolts off I figured it would just pop right off for him and I'd feel stupid that it wouldn't come off for me at home but lucky for my ego that wasn't the case. Paul really had to fight with it also before it would come off.
The only reason though was that it was really stuck on there pretty good. I guess time and use just made that thing want to stay on but with enough pounding on it with the palms of our hands we finally got it to break free.

When JohnZ came by he looked at the old fan clutch and pronouced it as the original part so i'm keeping it and will probably get it rebuilt at some point. Now I have the original voltage regulator and fan clutch replaced and sitting on the shelf to be rebuilt and will save them for the future.

Yep, Paul is a great guy and it was great meeting him and having him help me with the car. We missed you at the show and actually had a few people ask where you were. Hope to meet you at next years show :beer

Barry wondered how to be sure to get the right part this time. "Easy," John said, "just buy 3916141."

Barry wanted to be sure to remember the part number, so he wrote it down and here's the proof.

IMG_2898-700.jpg

JohnZ pulled that number out of the database in his skull.

All together now....
smiley-jaw-drop.gif

67HEAVEN said:
Viet Nam Vett preparing to perform his own kind of surgery on "Baby", or was it on Baby's owner?

Whatever's goin' on, Lou seems to approve. ;)

The Exploratory Investigation.....was a complete success... In fact...Lou asked to keep the Blue and Brown Gloves........:L

67HEAVEN said:
Viet Nam Vett preparing to perform his own kind of surgery on "Baby", or was it on Baby's owner?

IMG_2888-600.jpg

Whatever's goin' on, Lou seems to approve. ;)

luckily it was on Baby, not me ;LOL

attachment.php

I've got to jump in here and just echo Barry's sentiments.
I had such a great time this weekend! It was going to take a lot more than the wet weather to dampen the spirits of these Mid Year gods
Thanks to everyone who stopped by the tent. It was wonderful to finally be able to put faces with names and cars.

You guys have the biggest hearts (I said "hearts" Richman...) that I've ever witnessed and I can't say enough good things about y'all.

Special shout goes out to Theresa: my comrade, my compatriot, and my beer buddy. You my girl! :_rock

Thanks, Linda! Counting the days 'til we meet again!!! Got your voicemail - a day late. Sorry. Can't wait for the next Carlisle show. I think Paul has been shamed into getting the '64 a paint job a year sooner than originally planned after seeing how great Baby came out with the Milano Maroon. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get a Celebrity Pick for having the best example of a work-in-progress in the C2 division... ;) ... hey, it's another cruise for me to put on this list! Of course, this will be cruise #3 I've been promised in exchange for all the $$$ put into the '64 in the past two years, and NO RESERVATIONS have been made yet... definitely living up to my handle as of late. But ya gotta love the guy, and the car (and owner) are worth it.

Barry, all this gushing could cause a guy to get a little embarrased..... I'm just sharing the knowledge, but I'm happy that my help gets Baby a little better. Anytime.......

Since the wives are now getting into this Corvette thing (or not), maybe we should ask Rob to add another Forum for those who put up with our obsession....... Theresa suggested the "B***H Forum......;LOL

and my beer buddy. You my girl! :_rock

Look Out...... Dem girls is putten on the booz bag...Hide the Mid Year Car Keys........:W

don't have to worry about hiding my keys......... Linda still doesn't know how to drive a stick :D

BarryK said:
don't have to worry about hiding my keys......... Linda still doesn't know how to drive a stick :D

Not for long Barry! I made her promise me she will learn real soon and she was convincing. Don't worry, BABY will be in good hands.:upthumbs :lou

Z28Canuck said:
Not for long Barry! I made her promise me she will learn real soon and she was convincing. Don't worry, BABY will be in good hands.:upthumbs :lou

Yes, Doug.

Thanks again for giving me the inspiration to do what I should have done years ago... learn to drive a manual. Once I learn that, I can honestly wear the t-shirt that I bought this year at the show... "This chick can smoke your a**."

Z28Canuck said:

Doug, I've tried to get her to learn since I met her and since we got Baby. She's willing to learn but scared to learn on Baby and we don't have another manual tranny car for her to learn on.

If Paul can teach our daughter, he can easily teach Linda. Both my car and my daughter's have sticks, so we can bring one down when it's time for the A/C to go into Baby. After that, you might need to hide the keys!!!

The list is getting longer still....... Cam, A/C ; AND I get to teach Linda how to drive....... Gonna be a long visit...... :L

nah, we can let Theresa teach Linda as we work on the car ............... :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom