Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a BIG thank you!

VetteWidow said:
If Paul can teach our daughter, he can easily teach Linda. Both my car and my daughter's have sticks, so we can bring one down when it's time for the A/C to go into Baby. After that, you might need to hide the keys!!!

Looking forward to it!
C'mon down anytime.

word to the wise - you don't want to teach a loved one to (1) ski, (2) waterski, or (3) drive a stick - the relationship dynamic, coupled with the likely frustration, can lead to breakup, divorce or hatred of the thing being taught.

So let Paul teach Mrs. K to drive the stick, very good plan.

put this under the "things learned the hard way" heading.

ctjackster said:
word to the wise - you don't want to teach a loved one to (1) ski, (2) waterski, or (3) drive a stick - the relationship dynamic, coupled with the likely frustration, can lead to breakup, divorce or hatred of the thing being taught.

So let Paul teach Mrs. K to drive the stick, very good plan.

put this under the "things learned the hard way" heading.

Two friends of mine tried #2 above with me with a slalom ski. After being dragged around the lake for 45 minutes and listening to them laugh at me and yell "just stand up for god's sake - it's easy!!!" I was ready to puch both of them in the face and then beat them silly with the ski. Good thing I was physically exhausted and all torn up myself. It was tough love - I wasn't getting in the boat until I got up. Those bastards even left me in the weeds one time to see me squirm. It never happened. Had my wife been in the boat, I'd still be getting the silent treatment becuase I would have started the biggest argument ever.

Brian

Jack and Brian, I understand perfectly what you mean. Many, many years ago I tried to teach my mother how to drive a stick one day........... to say it didn't go well is a bit of an understatement. :ugh

I'd rather have Paul teach her just for both our sakes but hate to overburden him and take advantage of his generosity of offering to come down and help me with the car so we will have to play it by ear.
In either case I'll have to plan on picking up some of the biggest, juiciest, steaks I can find for his visit :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom