Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C Control Vacuum Hose(s) Grrr!

KikiPhillips

Corvette
Hello Fellow Vette People,

Thanks for all the "Wiring" help, it led to the discovery of a bad A/C Control Switch, (bought a new one, problem solved) which has now led me to the Vacuum's.

I have seen a diagram/schematic for my 1982 and then small rubberish boot that has 5 posts for vacuum hoses, only has 4 hoses that connect. They all appear to be correct but air only blows out of the bottom left and right vents. I also noticed a retanglular piece that has one post with nothing on it. That doesn't seem right but the schematic shows it with one missing as well?

Questions:
1. Does anything go on the 5th vacant post on the rubber cover on the control switch?
2. Does anything go on the one hose-less post on the retanglular piece?
3. How can I test the Vacuum Pod's, that they're sucking air....and/or are good?
4. What is the original source for these Vacuum pod's?

Super Thanks in Advance!!!
Kiki

Questions:
1. Does anything go on the 5th vacant post on the rubber cover on the control switch?
2. Does anything go on the one hose-less post on the retanglular piece?
3. How can I test the Vacuum Pod's, that they're sucking air....and/or are good?
4. What is the original source for these Vacuum pod's?
1. No nothing goes here.
2. Not sure which piece you mean. if its on the ac controller then the schematic is correct. but if in doubt I would trust the schematic.
3. Apply vacuum to them using a tester, if they open and close their vents they work but leave it on for a few hours to make sure that they're not leaking.
4. Vacuum comes from the engine on the black line that you have at the control switch.

The active vents depends on where you have the control switch set to.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom