Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C & Expansion Tank

bagger

Greetings, I have a 68, 327-350 motor. The car orginally came with A/C. Compressor, condenser, lines were removed from the engine bay (before I took possession). There is no expansion tank in bay either. From pictures I've found with cars with A/C, there has been no expansion tank. Pictures I've found with expansion tanks, had no A/C under hood. My question is were A/C equipped cars expansion tank delete?

I have 2 holes in the inner fender to the right of where the compressor is mounted. Photos I've seen with tank shows the tank mounted on fender well bend next to washer bag. But I have no holes there. Does anyone have some info or maybe a photo or two of the engine bay. I'd like to return the A/C back in the car. Any and all help appreciated. THANKS!

Bagger

Whether you have an expansion (or surge) tank depends on what type of radiator your car came with. What type of radiator your car had was determined by what engine you ordered.

If you have a brass/copper radiator with an intregal cap and this is correct for your car, then I don't believe you're supposed to have an expansion tank.

Whether you have an expansion (or surge) tank depends on what type of radiator your car came with. What type of radiator your car had was determined by what engine you ordered.

If you have a brass/copper radiator with an intregal cap and this is correct for your car, then I don't believe you're supposed to have an expansion tank.

Thank you for the info. From info I have gathered now I'd say my vette came expansion tank-less. Thanks again, Bagger

'68 AIM will show you how it all goes back together in the C-60 options section.

'68 small block cars with automatic transmissions and AC got the big 4 row big block radiator from the L-36. This radiator did not use the expansion tank.
:)

'68 AIM will show you how it all goes back together in the C-60 options section.

'68 small block cars with automatic transmissions and AC got the big 4 row big block radiator from the L-36. This radiator did not use the expansion tank.
:)

Thanks Mike. I have a 4-speed. Will check radiator.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom