Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C-Heater blend doors

cajun86

Corvette
88 Vert
OK 88 vette here goes , it seems that the blend doors are not operating. There is no vaccumn leaks pulled a vaccumn from the firewall into the car with a gauge on it and it held steady. Pulled a vaccumn on canister and vaccumn lines under the hood and it held steady. Checked engine vaccumn and it was about 18- 20 at the engine. I have the dash half apart noticed that while switching the system around nothing really happends. It seems to blow out the center ducts always no matter weather i bring the heat on or cool on. The defroster door doesn't move at all no matter what i do. Air is also coming out of the defroster the door is in a halfway open state. I can move the defroster door into the closed position with my hand but it goes back into the split position where the air comes out the center ducts and defroster vent. The heat cool control work ok because it goes hot to cool but only comes out the center ducts and defroster vent. Remember there is no vaccumn leaks that i can see.
Thanks

cajun86 said:
OK 88 vette here goes , it seems that the blend doors are not operating. There is no vaccumn leaks pulled a vaccumn from the firewall into the car with a gauge on it and it held steady. Pulled a vaccumn on canister and vaccumn lines under the hood and it held steady. Checked engine vaccumn and it was about 18- 20 at the engine. I have the dash half apart noticed that while switching the system around nothing really happends. It seems to blow out the center ducts always no matter weather i bring the heat on or cool on. The defroster door doesn't move at all no matter what i do. Air is also coming out of the defroster the door is in a halfway open state. I can move the defroster door into the closed position with my hand but it goes back into the split position where the air comes out the center ducts and defroster vent. The heat cool control work ok because it goes hot to cool but only comes out the center ducts and defroster vent. Remember there is no vaccumn leaks that i can see.
Thanks

I think there is a clip that frequently breaks on the linkage that attaches to the door. Perhaps that is the problem. There was a thread about it recently and you can probably find it using the search feature.

Randy

Thanks Randy i've heard of this problem and it could very well be the problem but not sure where to look for this item, hopefully someone will chime in and lead me into the correct direction.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom