Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c problem

S

Stifler

My a/c intermittently comes on and off. The thermostat says its -25 degrees outside. Does anyone know what part do I need to buy to fix it?

My a/c intermittently comes on and off. The thermostat says its -25 degrees outside. Does anyone know what part do I need to buy to fix it?

You need to replace the outside air temperature sensor (about $15.00 at the dealer).

It is located under the front of the car, on the passenger side - attached to the radiator shroud. Clean the connector cavity well and use silicone dielectric grease in the cavity to prevent future corrosion.

If the sensor is bad or the connection corroded, it will give a false reading which can affect the HVAC system - especially the dual-zone HVAC.

Good luck. This is very easy to repair.

I believe the technical name for this is the "ambient outside temperature sensor." I had to replace this once on my old '96 Eldorado- just gave up the ghost one day in January and started telling me it was 105 degrees outside. :crazy

The replacement sensor from a Cadillac dealer parts department was $20, and it took about 5 minutes to replace. I would imagine it's pretty similar for a Corvette, both being GM products.

:w
-Patrick

I've got the same problem,reading -31*. I went out and bought the sensor with no change. The plug itself is corroded, cleaned it and am getting good continuity but still not reading right. Just ordered new plug but was wondering if anyone else has run into this. Thanks for any replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom