Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: A/c

06rob62

Corvette
2006 Monterey red coupe
A/C compressor replaced, cold air ok, blower motor replaced,(new), not blowing. Is there a resistor or controller that I'm missing somewhere? Fuses are good.

First off a 'Welcome' is in order. :w Sorry I can't help you with your issue though. Do you have the service manual for the 06? That might lead you in the right direction. Hopefully someone will step up here and give you a hand soon. :thumb

I appreciate the welcome. I've been a vette owner since 2001 (C5 conv.) I picked up the C6 in 2011 and do not have the service manual for it. my A/C compressor went out and I replaced it myself. By the time I had, the blower motor got to looking rusty, and corroded. So I ordered a new Four Seasons blower motor. Now it does'nt spin. Had just wondered if anyone had first hand experience with this. I have read post before here, but only as a guest. Figured it was about time to sign up:)

I appreciate the welcome. I've been a vette owner since 2001 (C5 conv.) I picked up the C6 in 2011 and do not have the service manual for it. my A/C compressor went out and I replaced it myself. By the time I had, the blower motor got to looking rusty, and corroded. So I ordered a new Four Seasons blower motor. Now it does'nt spin. Had just wondered if anyone had first hand experience with this. I have read post before here, but only as a guest. Figured it was about time to sign up:)

Did the blower motor work before you replaced it?

Also how do you know the a/c is working properly without a functioning blower motor?

HVAC work on a C6 is pretty much for the intermediate or advanced DIY, but it's hard to do that kind of work without a Service Manual.

Get one and read the diagnostic information about the HVAC blower. Also read the books on now to evacuate and recharge the system after you install the compressor.

Also, if the compressor failed it may have left metal debris in the HVAC system. The FSM explains what to do about that. It's important to read that because, if there is debris in the system, the new compressor may fail, too.

FSMs are available from CAC sponsor Zip Products. Also, nowadays, consumers can buy subscriptions to GM Service Information...the same Internet based system dealers use. Read the review of GMSi here on the CAC for details.

Did the blower motor work before you replaced it?

Also how do you know the a/c is working properly without a functioning blower motor?

Yes. It was the clutch that went out. Sheered two of three rivets. I replaced the entire compressor, because the clutch was a press on. A master tech vac. And replenished oil, and freon. I removed the cabin filter and set controls to outside air. Very cold air.

HVAC work on a C6 is pretty much for the intermediate or advanced DIY, but it's hard to do that kind of work without a Service Manual.

Get one and read the diagnostic information about the HVAC blower. Also read the books on now to evacuate and recharge the system after you install the compressor.

Also, if the compressor failed it may have left metal debris in the HVAC system. The FSM explains what to do about that. It's important to read that because, if there is debris in the system, the new compressor may fail, too.

FSMs are available from CAC sponsor Zip Products. Also, nowadays, consumers can buy subscriptions to GM Service Information...the same Internet based system dealers use. Read the review of GMSi here on the CAC for details.

Thanks for the advise. I definitely don't fool around with the systems. I worked on heavy aircraft for over 20 yrs. ( SAE tools only by the way ) some things I'll tackle with the right info. And two knowledgeable brothers to help.😊

Yes. It was the clutch that went out. Sheered two of three rivets. I replaced the entire compressor, because the clutch was a press on. A master tech vac. And replenished oil, and freon. I removed the cabin filter and set controls to outside air. Very cold air.

You had very cold air with the old blower motor and new compressor? If so, then it may just be a bad blower motor. With the blower controls on Hi blower speed tap on the blower motor and see if it works, if not the next step is to unplug the blower motor and check for power and ground to it, one of them has to be missing. Trace that missing circuit.

You had very cold air with the old blower motor and new compressor? If so, then it may just be a bad blower motor. With the blower controls on Hi blower speed tap on the blower motor and see if it works, if not the next step is to unplug the blower motor and check for power and ground to it, one of them has to be missing. Trace that missing circuit.
The car went about 3 months with the A/C off, including Harvy. The old blower motor looked rusty, and corroded. So I ordered a nice bering Four Seasons blower motor. The old one, or new one did'nt work at the end of the 3 months. Like sitting around inop caused a problem. I did get current to the connector, can't remember what now, but did'nt check ground. thanks

The car went about 3 months with the A/C off, including Harvy. The old blower motor looked rusty, and corroded. So I ordered a nice bering Four Seasons blower motor. The old one, or new one did'nt work at the end of the 3 months. Like sitting around inop caused a problem. I did get current to the connector, can't remember what now, but did'nt check ground. thanks
I did check fuses.... But what about a relay?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom