Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A C3 Corvette Bible?

kiwi vet

Corvette
1981 Black/Camel T Top "RAC3R"
This may be wishful thinking............but....
Do any of you know of ..... or heard of a book ....... or referance publication that could be purchased (avalible to the public now) with indepth step by step racing or developmental improvement programs for the C3 corvette owner, covering all aspects of this particular model that are specific to real improvements?

I seem to find snipets of information all over the place, some of common thought - some conflicting, and this caused me to wonder whether anyone had actually stopped and collated all this info to provide entusiasts a "Bible" if you like for a "retrovette" or "race inspired" type C3 corvette. A cohesive well thought out plan to a known result, with options as to what result that might be eg. drag racing, autocross, fast road etc.

Im talking specifics (not generic info), like C3 frame improvement and strengthening, frame alterations and stengthening bracket patterns, you know where to weld, where to gusset etc. The Step by step procedure required for 5 link rear end, with measurements and patterns, or C4-C5 suspension into a C3 frame how to, or plans for light weight tube trans cross members etc. (all that applies to C2 as well). Birdcage strengthening and development for stiffness to simulate space frame? etc. Even the questions that seem to come up time and time again like eg. wheel/tire combinations with std TA's and offset TA's. Rim Back spacing, Spring rates and so on, you get my drift.

Is there something?
There have been so many built, can anyone shed any light?

:beer Ta Grant

Hey Zacch
Thanks for the info............
Have had a look at those and other publications before (corvette performance projects 1968-82 is quite good), and although good referance material, Im looking for more hardcore development improvements and a cohesive build program with a known result. I have used this method prior with other makes (TR7V8, RX7 Turbo II etc) that had these type of publications avalible, (usually old factory works race prep and homologation papers, that are no longer sensitive) as step by step semi-racecar preperation maps, which takes all the guess work out of the equation, as these were proven development programs.

Reason being, that I have just purchased another 1980 - 82 chassis and would like to develope it with 5 - link rear, rack & pinion steering, maybe a C4-C5 front end etc etc and then swap my car onto it, to make a more modern driving version of the C3 just to try to first, keep up with my old cars (as above), but also the rest of the crew which are now considerably quicker.

Did Greenwood or IMSA racers or even Chevrolet have racing development programs for late C3 Vettes?
Im sure the answer is yes, its just, how do we find this historical fact?

Any help would be appreciated

:beer Grant

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom