Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A easier way?

joe1975

Corvette
1975 Orange L-82 4 Sp.
Is there a easier way to remove the fan shroud took mine out today what a "B" manuals all said loosen bolts hang on fan I couldn't even come close to doing that. I was afraid I was gonna bust it!

There's no getting around it--it's a B___H Kitty! I've done it about 4 times now--it just seems to get worse.

Also noticed a lower C-Arm bushing hanging out torn I guess the time is now to change that also Weren't the 74's two piece shrouds

Remove the 6 bolts in the fenderwells that attach the radiator surround. Tilt the radiator forward to gain access to the shroud. If this isn't enough clearance then you can remove the 2 bottom bolts to the surround and slide the whole radiator forward.

i wanted to change my belts one day. I saw teh mess and decided agaist changing belts that day. Instead, i went to the local speed shop and bought an electic fan set up, removed teh shroud and clutch fan and never looked back.

I never had to remove my 76 shroud to change belts, but was sick of the shroud for other reasons. It came out in just a few minutes after the sawz-all chopped it up. My electric fan cools the engine just fine by itself and I no longer have that 7 blade windmill hogging horspower. Made my own aluminum shroud to mount the fan on the radiator for less than $20. some might say it is Bubba stuff, but it looks and performs great. Limited $ can persuade you to do all kinds of things in your own garage.

i like your thought curtis, but you should have saved the shroud. I was able to sell my clutch fan, shroud and stock electirc fan for $100

just ticked me off good when puting that old shroud in messed up the fins on my new radiator. After that I just decided it wasn't worth squat. Might have been some kind of sick something (can't think of the word) but I laughed my a55 off the entire time I choppped on it. I love my sawz-all. You should see how it removes even the most stubborn rear bumper covers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom