Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few pictures of the almost finished project....

quickjagg

Corvette
White 1981
I had a few minutes to spare this morning, so I thought I would post some pictures of the finished project (pulling/painting engine). Now I just need to call the exhaust guy.

First a few before shots....

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

and a few after....
after1.jpg

after2.jpg

as soon as I start working on my website again I'll have some more pictures of the whole process wich took about a week.

Thanks for looking!

-Chris

Nice job Chris. Looks great.

Tom

Yikes! I'd say you did a good job upgrading it, but you had it looking pretty darn good, before. Other than the non-stock air cleaner, you could have convinced me that before picture was taken the day it was picked up from the dealer, back in '81.

I really like the understated red accents. Not so much that it jumps out at you (like "look at my water pump!"), but enough that you can tell that someone cares enough about the car to make sure even the small details look nice.

I don't know about taking a trip up to MDI this summer, anymore... your car is gonna make mine look pretty poor :(

Nah, that won't fly - mine's a work-in-progress, anyway.

I'm not sure how close to stock you're trying to keep the appearance, but I think one of those wiper-area-covers that Eckler's sells might really look good, with the styling you have going. I think I'm going to pick one up, once I have some cash available (got a few more-critical things to take care of, like the radiator, fans, hood, etc., before I worry about looking good...)

Joe

Looks good Chris!

I know you worked pretty hard to get it looking this good!

Bill :pat

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

MaineShark,
I was looking at those wiper covers, but I'm also really short on cash =) and be sure to let me know when you're in my area, I've been seeing a lot of vettes around here lately, we might be able to get a little "parade" type of thing going =)

Thanks again guys!

-Chris

quickjagg said:
MaineShark,
I was looking at those wiper covers, but I'm also really short on cash =)

You and me both... They're on "the list," though :)

quickjagg said:
and be sure to let me know when you're in my area, I've been seeing a lot of vettes around here lately, we might be able to get a little "parade" type of thing going =)

It will be a while. Things are coming along, but the car is still weeks from driveable. I'm waiting for some wiring parts (although this is non-critical: once I have the parts, the wiring bit will only take a couple hours), and I need to fabricate some brackets to mount the fans to the radiator, and the remote transmission and oil filters to the car.

Then comes getting the new hood, and getting it painted and installed.

Joe

Thanks again for all the kind words,

I just got the flowmasters and dual exhaust put on, I'm going to need to take it down to the family garage and tweek it a little bit, the guy who put it on didn't understand what I wanted or something....

Those delta 40s sure do sound sweet, I can't wait to get some drving in tommorow.

As far as hp goes, I added Dynomax headers, the dual exhaust and the delta 40s, I don't know if the intake increases hp any, but other than that I didn't really change much.

-Chris

Once you get it done, find a shop with a dyno, and check out your power levels. It's always nicer to have an actual number, if someone asks, instead of "well, I think it should be ___"

If you can't find one up your way, I know there's one just outside of Portland.

Joe

yea the portland one is the only one that I know of also, I dunno if I will get over that way this summer or not. I don't really care about hp numbers anyway, if someone asks I'll just tell em that their guess is as good as mine =)

-Chris

Joe and Chris - Your cars sound awesome! It would be a real treat to see a couple of really nice C3's....after looking at my tired old gal everyday!!! I can't start the resto on the Vette until I finish the Camaro SS... the wife will disown me if I start to take another car apart while I still have one in several pieces :D :D

Oh well...the Vette will have to wait until next year to get all pretty. I was hoping that there might be a Vette get together in the State somewhere this year. I go to a little car show at the end of summer in Pittsfield, ME and you see a few real nice C3's.

However, an all Vette get together would be pretty cool...

76L82,
they have a vette get togeather once a year (that I know of) in Maine, I don't know where they start, put they end up staying for a few hours in barharbor. I havn't been able to join them yet =( Last year I couldn't go because of work, and this year I was a t school in boston and couldn't go =( My mom said there were like 30 vettes this year.

They have a website too, I don't remember what it was, mb someone who does will chime in.

Good luck with the camaro.

-Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom